Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

GSX Pro gets remote de-icing and more

2 hours ago, somiller said:

When I originally bought GSX, on my first use I got an error telling my flight plan was out of date - HUH? I reported it on the FSDT forum and was attacked by other users, and especially virtuali for having the audacity to suggest that GSX shouldn't care whether MY flightplan was stale (and that quite honestly flight plan currency shouldn't be any business of GSX, and it certainly shouldn't block me from using it with GSX. I

That's not what happened. 

What really happened, was you tried to suggest that GSX should have ignored the airplane type, which was ONLY because PMDG set it wrong in ONE of the 3 variants: the 737-800 which had an icao type of "737", which is in fact the code for the -700, and since this happened almost at the same time the -800 came out, you tried to convince us and other users that GSX should ignore the airplane type.

THIS is the suggestion you were rightly attacked for by everybody else, and the obvious reason for its rebuttal was something that has been made very clear to you, over and over, which was that, by ignoring the airplane type, GSX might have loaded a flight plan made for, let's say, a 747, and started Boarding 400 passengers on 737, and this would obviously look like a "GSX bug"

Ignoring the time won't have any real bad effect on the simulation itself ( like using 5 Bus or taking an hour to board on a 737 ), except the VGDS saying you are 10 hours or so late, but that's a minor issue.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Cool and all, but hopefully they can now focus on making money and release Houston. I don’t think anyone held back on buying GSX because it was lacking remote de-icing facilities.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

35 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Cool and all, but hopefully they can now focus on making money and release Houston. I don’t think anyone held back on buying GSX because it was lacking remote de-icing facilities.

Maybe they were held back on releasing Houston because it needs remote de-icing facilities?

57 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I mean I could be mistaken, but I don't think the same people working on Houston are the same people working on GSX.

21 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Maybe they were held back on releasing Houston because it needs remote de-icing facilities?

Ah, yes. Just in time for the cold snap… 😄

8qNTXK1.jpg

(Yes, yes. I am aware that you can get ice and snow in Texas).

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I mean I could be mistaken, but I don't think the same people working on Houston are the same people working on GSX.

More or less.

KIAH for MSFS is a port from the P3D version (which was originally made by Alessandro, who's the main GSX 3d modeler), but in a similar way to our KCLT scenery: a whole new terminal has been modeled from scratch for MSFS, and all the ground and taxiways that were affected by this change has been updated.

This work has been made by Massimiliano Addante, who's the author of KCLT, KSDF, LFSB and LFNC, and it's done, there's nothing left to model: we only need to test the scenery for issues, and package it as a releasable product, and this requires some work and, of course, it might be possible that when checking everything, we might realize extra work might be required, so it's difficult right now when it will be released, but I guess in the next months, before the summer. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, virtuali said:

it's done, there's nothing left to model: we only need to test the scenery for issues, and package it as a releasable product, and this requires some work and, of course, it might be possible that when checking everything, we might realize extra work might be required, so it's difficult right now when it will be released, but I guess in the next months, before the summer. 

Dang it. I was hoping you were closer than it. We’ll keep waiting then. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

6 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Obviously, never been to Houston, eh? 😉

• Like 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Umberto, thank you for your hard work I am enjoying GSX Pro greatly.

I wonder if you might consider a minor cosmetic change and one mechanical one:

• At the end of push back when the marshaller clears us, then walks away, all of a sudden they and all GSX ground equipment disappears abruptly, which is visually disruptive.  Could they be made to fade out over a second or two?  This might blend in better visually.
  • At the end of pushback most of the time the stop is abrupt, instantaneous.  There are times when it slows down gently and I'm not sure why it does this when it does, but it is not common in any case.   Could the pushback stop be made more gently?  I'm flying mostly the PMDG 738, and now the FBW A320NX if that is coming into play on the second point

Thanks

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X