Sign in to follow this  
sivart2000

Ifly 747 in V5?

So, is anyone aware if this works in V5. Really missing the 747. I, however, have made a decision to use my $99 NGu credit with PMDG in MSFS and then part ways with them. Not that their product isn't amazing but rather I find the CEO, staff and Minions to be condescending and they have some serious issues with promises not delivered and poor workflow management. But I digress. 

Ifly 747 in P3D V5? Anyone? Bueller?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Just now, David Vega said:

Isn't there a time limit to use the $99 NGx credit? 

Might be. Don't care. If it expires that is fine, I still enjoy the NGu in P3D and I'll just go another direction in MSFS.

I believe Ifly stated on their forum they were not going to bring their 747 to version five. I fully get your sentiments toward PMDG and the cadre of fan boys having been through an attempted mauling recently myself, but the PMDG 747 and -8 addition is truly a great addon. If you can just grit your teeth when hitting the pay button, it is worth it if you really want to fly the whale. It comes with the freighter versions and a ton of liveries. Personally, I just decided to enjoy the products I paid for and stay away from their forums to keep my inner peace.  I have all their P3DV5.3 stuff and that pretty much says it for anymore purchases from me. I have to admit, they're all good addons and I feel I got my money's worth out of all of them.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Vic green

3 hours ago, sivart2000 said:

Might be. Don't care. If it expires that is fine, I still enjoy the NGu in P3D and I'll just go another direction in MSFS.

same here - still enjoy planes i have spent my money on, and not going to pay 3rd time for the same plane

• Like 1

Artur 

747 v5 is TBD but I believe it's highly unlikely due to "lack of interests (sells I guess)". And also the v4 version is essentially FS9 version so it won't simply port to v5 (Won't work, just don't try).

737 AS is totally remade one, but I doubt they would do it again for 747, as there is also not much commercial market as 737 provided for them.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 7:40 PM, Beardyman said:

same here - still enjoy planes i have spent my money on, and not going to pay 3rd time for the same plane

But you (or at least many users) probably paid for P3D4, P3D5 and will probably pay again for P3D6.. quite the same because that's still a flight simulator, just like the PMDG 737 is still a 737

I paid for the PMDG 737 series and 777 series on P3D (never bought the 747) and I had many great years enjoying them. I then switched to msfs and had to buy again the 737 series. Sure it is harsh at first but I know I will enjoy them for many years to come so I will get value for my money.

They have a lot of development when they release it on a new platform so you cannjot expect them to offer you the update for free. Immagine buying the 737 for FSX 12 years ago and receive it for free for msfs... Never going to happend.

1 hour ago, sdirand said:

But you (or at least many users) probably paid for P3D4, P3D5 and will probably pay again for P3D6.. quite the same because that's still a flight simulator, just like the PMDG 737 is still a 737

I paid for the PMDG 737 series and 777 series on P3D (never bought the 747) and I had many great years enjoying them. I then switched to msfs and had to buy again the 737 series. Sure it is harsh at first but I know I will enjoy them for many years to come so I will get value for my money.

They have a lot of development when they release it on a new platform so you cannjot expect them to offer you the update for free. Immagine buying the 737 for FSX 12 years ago and receive it for free for msfs... Never going to happend.

Regardless of new platform this is just the nature of FS releases.

I am fairly certain that FSLabs will also charge for the upgrade from a 32 bit Concorde to the new V5 64 bit version.  Same fundamental plane I mean the Concorde hasn't changed in the past 10 years but new version, new functionality and a new purchase of the same plane... This is all within the P3D platform. Look at what they charged for the Sharklet upgrade, wasn't it like $70 just to add the 320SL and even more to add SL to the 320/321 version AFTER paying $150 for the original airframe?  

iFly charged for the new MAX  as well.  Granted there was a 20-30% discount for existing customers but the new MAX was another purchase not an upgrade. 

So that means I purchased 4 737's in P3D alone LOL!  twice from PMDG, twice from iFly AND I got the credit for the 737 in MSFS as well...  No regrets on any of them...  

Will be interesting to see FSL's pricing for the Concorde considering the bus is still $150 in P3D plus $80 for the SL version so $230+ for an airbus in P3D... 

The NGXU was $99 "and" got me a free version in MSFS comparatively so I don't see where PMDG is out of line here, even if the original was also $100 that makes PMDG $199 for the NGX, NGXU and a free version in MSFS compared to $230 for the 320/321 with Sharklets.  

So what's the rub? 

Edited by psolk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

On 1/28/2023 at 9:30 AM, sivart2000 said:

So, is anyone aware if this works in V5. Really missing the 747. I, however, have made a decision to use my $99 NGu credit with PMDG in MSFS and then part ways with them. Not that their product isn't amazing but rather I find the CEO, staff and Minions to be condescending and they have some serious issues with promises not delivered and poor workflow management. But I digress. 

Ifly 747 in P3D V5? Anyone? Bueller?

Do like I did, get the Aerowinx PSX B744 and use either P3d or MSFS for the sceney.  Once I started flying the Aerowinx PSX B744, all other B744s were just video games.  

• Like 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam