Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Origami EGKK

Thinking about adding this one into collection. The reviews on simmarket provide very limited scope of opinions, so I would appreciate if avsim user would provide their feedback.

TIA

Just now, G-YMML1 said:

Thinking about adding this one into collection. The reviews on simmarket provide very limited scope of opinions, so I would appreciate if avsim user would provide their feedback.

TIA

Well I don't have it but since it lacked ANY traction after release I'd say the freeware version is - at least by now - miles ahead. And free.

• Like 6

MKVY's free version of EGKK Gatwick is good enough for me without spending any money.  He's done a fantastic job with this one which really seems like a labour of love.

Try it and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.  Amongst many other things, I just love the moving Gatwick Express trains.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

Well I don't have it but since it lacked ANY traction after release I'd say the freeware version is - at least by now - miles ahead. And free.

I do own the Origami version and agree 100%. 

Both sceneries have their strong points, but I prefer Mkvy's freeware version and find it to be superior.

• Like 1

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

I bought origami EGKK recently, for me I would say its better FPS which I shoot for everytime because of my hardware.  The freeware version (even the lite mod) for me was really heavy on FPS.

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

37 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

I bought origami EGKK recently, for me I would say its better FPS which I shoot for everytime because of my hardware.  The freeware version (even the lite mod) for me was really heavy on FPS.

I agree with this.

mvky scenery is great but the Origami textures look a bit more lifelike to me, whereas mvky textures are a bit brighter in colour.

I have gone with Origami for the FPS but it could benefit from an update

1 hour ago, chickster25 said:

I agree with this.

mvky scenery is great but the Origami textures look a bit more lifelike to me, whereas mvky textures are a bit brighter in colour.

I have gone with Origami for the FPS but it could benefit from an update

Yea I agree about it needed a few tweaks but it does the job (good enough for me) without it being a slideshow.  If you got a beefy PC I would recommend the freeware version.

Thomas Derbyshire

What exactly should be updated now? Terminals are the same, a number of gates is still the same too. 

5 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

What exactly should be updated now? Terminals are the same, a number of gates is still the same too. 

It just doesn’t have the extras like some of the new airports have these days. It would benefit from a few more details and better night lighting, along with some neon lights on certain buildings such as hotels to bring it alive.

There is also an issue with some barriers sit across two gates in the middle (can’t remember the numbers) and aircraft have to go through them. I did report on the official forum but got no answer.

Edited by chickster25
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

I pointed this out to them a while back ..... EGKK 8R Signs incorrect - London Gatwick (EGKK) - iniBuilds Forum

And there are a few other small issues pointed out by others like AFCAD and performance. 

Here is a scenery issue .....

EGKK Unusable gates being used by aircraft - London Gatwick (EGKK) - iniBuilds Forum

• Like 1

I have performance issues with the Origami EGKK in VR, depsite a formidable machine. Might be ok for 2D flying, though.