Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Mouse lags in cockpit in VR

Anyone ever have the mouse lag real bad while in VR?  It may be okay on my first flight, but if I go back to the menu and then fly again it's very bad.  It will skip across an entire round gauge when the lag is bad.

I do have a wireless mouse so maybe that's causing issues.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Known problem for months (years perhaps), it's been tracked down to potentially a controller being slightly engaged i.e. your rudder peddles, brakes, yoke, Xbox controller. If you neutralise their position that can free up the mouse to work as normal, but this doesn't work for everyone it seems but give it a go and see.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I have been struggling with this as well and my mouse is wired. It seems okay at times and then suddenly really starts to lag. Makes cockpit interactions difficult to impossible when it happens. I manage, because I do a lot of my interactions using voice attack.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

yes, annoying problem. have that too from time to time with wired mouse. usually it will go over after a few minutes, luckily no need to restart the sim.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

This has always been an intermittent cockpit problem for me in VR, that is having to coerce my mouse into responding.  I'll have to check for noise from a controller.  Seems highly plausible for that's something I get from a couple of my axes if I forget to limit cycle them before flying.   Don't ever recall having this problem in 2D.

Edited by TheFamilyMan

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Yes, same problem occasionnally. I never noticed if it was after starting a new flight. I have several peripheral that have potentiometer like the Alpha Yoke, Saitek pedal and throttle and my old CH Yoke that I converted to an additional input device in a box shape, the old axis are now used to control the cockpit and screen intensity (very usefull at night). My mouse is wireless.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

you should run MSFS in full screen mode (Alt Enter) before activating VR mode, that will solve all your mouse issues.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

4 hours ago, turbomax said:

you should run MSFS in full screen mode (Alt Enter) before activating VR mode, that will solve all your mouse issues.

This is false information, mouse lags still occur even with the game on full screen.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

On 2/24/2023 at 8:48 AM, MarcG said:

This is false information, mouse lags still occur even with the game on full screen.

just because it doesn't apply to your case doesn't make it false information, as it has not only solved the mouse cursor problem for me but several others as well. but don't take my word for it:

On 2/23/2023 at 2:13 AM, turbomax said:

you need to switch to full screen (Alt-Enter) before activating VR.

lebowski-opinion1.jpg
Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

13 minutes ago, turbomax said:

ust because it doesn't apply to your case doesn't make it false information, as it has not only solved the mouse cursor problem for me but several others as well. but don't take my work for it:

Likewise just because it worked for you & some others doesn't mean it and I quote you; "will solve all your mouse issues" 🙄

I get lag in two different ways (regardless of full screen or not).  The way described here, plus a weird click lag that makes clicking buttons impossible unless I first move the mouse far away from the panel in question. Trying to turn on the landing lights, the switches won't respond until I move the mouse to the side window, then back to the switches. 

31 minutes ago, eslader said:

the switches won't respond until I move the mouse to the side window, then back to the switches.

that shouldn't happen if you switch MSFS to exclusive full screen. you should be able to activate mouse clicks exactly where the mouse cursor appears in your headset display. what you describe happened to me only if I did not switch to full screen before switching to VR mode. I have only 1 monitor and 1 headset connected to my GPU.

very nice.

1 hour ago, eslader said:

I get lag in two different ways (regardless of full screen or not).  The way described here, plus a weird click lag that makes clicking buttons impossible unless I first move the mouse far away from the panel in question. Trying to turn on the landing lights, the switches won't respond until I move the mouse to the side window, then back to the switches. 

Yep the "mouseover toolbar window" bug was introduced in SU7 and never fixed thereafter, also - for the record - I have tried and going into fullscreen does not fix this issue. It is a regression bug and needs fixing on Asobos side, when is anyone's guess though...

5 hours ago, turbomax said:

that shouldn't happen if you switch MSFS to exclusive full screen. you should be able to activate mouse clicks exactly where the mouse cursor appears in your headset display. what you describe happened to me only if I did not switch to full screen before switching to VR mode. I have only 1 monitor and 1 headset connected to my GPU.

For me, it's not a positional problem. The cursor is in the right place, and changes to the appropriate icon (knob/arrow/etc), but the clicks just don't work. 

And I do sim in exclusive full screen. It just started happening after this last update, so I'm guessing it's a new bug.