Sign in to follow this  
Ixoye

MSFS does not shut down

10 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

I had similar problems with MSFS not shutting down completely and it was directly related to FSRealistic and a very silly (IMHO) setting in FSR to stay running after MSFS exits.  It is on by default and I have no earthly idea why anyone would ever want it on since disabling it fixed the issue and with it turned off FSR still works just fine every time I launch MSFS repeatedly (sometimes frequently when I am jumping between MSFS and Blender when working on scenery stuff). 

Somethin' to check... 

I have set up FSR to shut down after MSFS exits, but I suspect that the problem has to do with that program, the problem started after a FSR update a couple of months ago, I will try turning FSR off before shutting down MSFS to see if that fixes it

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I have the same problem, 100% of the time. The only things in my community folder that I'd think it might be are Navigraph or fsuipc. The other stuff was either added after the problem started, or are just aircraft. I'll do some testing to see if disabling some of them will fix the issue.

I have had this same issue. The solution for me was to remove the icon off the task bar and use the desktop icon. I've noticed this in Win 11 and 10

i had this issue 2 days ago, had to uninstall gsx pro and reinstalled it...

henri

My issue was that RealSimGear app was still running after close. Closing that app down then made MSFS shut down for real. 

Had this happen again today. Only thing running was dynamic_lod. Have to manually close MSFS in task manager.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Happens all of the time for me. Interestingly enough, it closes normally with Fenix b2. 

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

This just started happening for me with Fenix block 2. Stopped using it and no issues. I'm back flying the 738 anyways.

I think you just have to wait a little after a flight before shutting down, so it had some time to idle (clear memory or something).

• Like 1

I discovered that my not-shutting-down problem was caused by a marketplace addon update that hanged. In my case, it was the Reno Air Races DLC. I went into the content manager and noted the file it was hanging on, then went into the directory and deleted that file. That got it to restart and finally complete the update, after which the sim closed normally.

May have fixed my issue with MSFS not shutting down properly

Simhaptic still running in the taskbar waiting for MSFS to start again.

Closed the app (right clicked on icon)

Thanks to those in this thread for pointing me in the right direction 👍

i9-12900K 3.20GHz | Z690 Hero | 64Gb DDR5 5200MHz | RTX3090 O24G | 2TB Firecuda 530 M.2 | RM1000x | H170i ELITE | Corsair 7000D | Samsung Neo G9 | TrackIR | ButtKicker | Honeycomb Bravo | TM TCA Boeing & Sidestick | MFG Crosswinds | Logitech Multi/Radio Panels | Win 10 | MSFS 2020 | (revised May 2023)