Sign in to follow this  
bobcat999

iniBuilds Messerschmitt Bf108 due in February!...

This is an interesting little airplane.  If they hit the 14.99 price point again I will be interested.

https://forum.inibuilds.com/topic/18265-welcome-to-the-typhoon-introducing-the-inibuilds-bf108-taifun-for-microsoft-flight-simulator/

I remember these pretending to be Bf109's attacking the train in the film Von Ryan's Express.  Or they may have been Nord Noralpha variants which was based on the Bf108.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

I remember these pretending to be Bf109's attacking the train in the film Von Ryan's Express.  Or they may have been Nord Noralpha variants which was based on the Bf108.

I think they played '109s' in The Longest Day as well - two of them strafed Sean Connery on Sword beach.

I'm undecided about getting the Taifun - I've already fallen into the habit of buying a lot but flying only a few.

• Like 2

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

6 hours ago, Paul K said:

I'm undecided about getting the Taifun - I've already fallen into the habit of buying a lot but flying only a few.

Sounds like me!  I don't think I will ever get enough time to fly them all properly, but I get drawn in as I love all the different aircraft so much.  Sometimes I think my Community folder is a bit like the shoe cupboard of Imelda Marcos! 

I know that I am fortunate - in these tough times for people, I have am lucky to still have a decent disposable income, and I tell myself I am 'supporting a developer', but really, I worry that I have just become a 'collector'. :unsure:

• Like 4

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

7 minutes ago, Pathfinder633 said:

One to keep an eye on,

P.S. Can we have an argu...I mean debate, on fitting Tablets in WW2 era aircraft🤡

:biggrin:  Apparently it can be completely disabled if you don't like it.  But hey - come on!   I want to be able to change the colour of my rain cover - how else will I do it?  :laugh:

Edited by bobcat999

18 minutes ago, Pathfinder633 said:

P.S. Can we have an argu...I mean debate, on fitting Tablets in WW2 era aircraft🤡

I am not a fan of those, as those simply do not fit, same thing i hate in modern cars - ugly and badly implemented tablets everywhere 🙂

Artur 

10 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

I am not a fan of those, as those simply do not fit, same thing i hate in modern cars - ugly and badly implemented tablets everywhere 🙂

Well you are a Beardyman, I would expect nothing less! 

Me - I have a little Goatee, so I like a bit of Tech!  :laugh:

2 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Well you are a Beardyman, I would expect nothing less! 

Most probably u  are right 🙂

Edited by Beardyman
  • Like 1

Artur 

I'm glad IniBuilds, which is a very high level (in my opinion) addon maker, bring such a beautiful aircraft to our sim. However, I was expecting that particular aircraft to be brought into the MSFS world by Classic Hangar, which is an historic FSX/P3D addon maker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Sounds like me!  I don't think I will ever get enough time to fly them all properly, but I get drawn in as I love all the different aircraft so much.  Sometimes I think my Community folder is a bit like the shoe cupboard of Imelda Marcos! 

I know that I am fortunate - in these tough times for people, I have am lucky to still have a decent disposable income, and I tell myself I am 'supporting a developer', but really, I worry that I have just become a 'collector'. :unsure:

Oh boy yes. Definitely suffering from the collector mentality here. Not a huge disposable income but these days the sim (and a few books) are the only place it gets disposed. I've probably had about four or five email exchanges with SimMarket where I've had to ask them to credit my account because I've just bought something for the second time!

Not a fan of the 108 though. So probably won't be fitting this one into my shoe cupboard. Now, the 110 on the other hand . . .

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

6 hours ago, Daube said:

I'm glad IniBuilds, which is a very high level (in my opinion) addon maker, bring such a beautiful aircraft to our sim. However, I was expecting that particular aircraft to be brought into the MSFS world by Classic Hangar, which is an historic FSX/P3D addon maker.

It still might be.  After Mathias finishes work on his current project, he wants to bring all of his FSX/P3D stuff into MSFS. 

16 minutes ago, Chunk said:

It still might be.  After Mathias finishes work on his current project, he wants to bring all of his FSX/P3D stuff into MSFS. 

But when he does that, what sales volume is he going to do, if everybody has already bought the IniBuilds one ? I'm happy for IniBuilds being successful but sad for Classic Hangar seeing their market disappear...

On 2/8/2023 at 6:01 AM, jaytee73 said:

also used in the GREAT Escape flown by James Garner and Donald Pleasance

And also in Von Ryan's Express, when they attacked the train which was fleeing for the tunnel.