Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Outside of the WU regions, where do you fly ?

Brazil and Philippines are my favourites outside of Canada.

• Like 1

Intel I7 6700k @ 4ghz, nVidia 3070ti 8gb, 16 gb ddr4 @ 1066mhz,  500 ssd, 2tb hdd, 2tb ssd, ASUS z170-E mb, Samsung 24" @ 1920x1080, P3D 5.4, MSFS

China for me. Needs a massive update however. Hundreds of missing airports and cities.

• Like 1

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

11 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

I have flown he Lesser Sundas back and forth  more than a couple of times, I love volcanoes 😄. Great with a warbird. But I have not been to the Rajah  Empat Is. yet. 

Oh, that whole region is volcano central!  I once had a window seat on a RL flight from Galela (WAEG) to Ternate (WAEE) and it was like a moving postcard of picture-perfect cones & craters.  Flying south from Ternate (towards Ambon) goes along that impressive chain of volcanic islands, and on Flores, Ende airport (WATE) is surrounded by interesting examples including the coloured lakes of Keli Mutu https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelimutu.

Chile probably has the most perfect snow-capped volcanoes outside Japan, e.g. Volcan Osorno (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osorno_(volcano)) in the south and Parinacota (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parinacota_(volcano)) in the far north. I haven't tried Kamchatka yet, but I hear it's good.

The Rajah Empats are little visited and have few airstrips, so it's an excuse to use those longer-range floatplanes that we now have for the sim, e.g Twin Otter or PC-6.  Hmmm... maybe even a reason to fly the Spruce Goose 😄  The geography is interesting as there's been much faulting, uplift and sunken coastlines - plate tectonics in action.  I wonder if geography teachers have thought of using MSFS as a teaching tool?

• Like 1

Turkey, Greece, Mediterian...

• Like 1

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

10 hours ago, FAC257 said:

When outside of Florida, I'm typically flying the Caribbean, Mexico, Central, and South America. Hoping one of the WUs in the near future will be either these areas or Africa. 

Forest

I am with you for having a Caribbean WU ! with watermasks, mind you ! I have a weakness for archipelagoes of any sort . 

1 hour ago, JabbleWok said:

I wonder if geography teachers have thought of using MSFS as a teaching tool

Very true. Not only for the physical relief but also to learn how humans settle within its nooks and crannies. This sim is wonderful for this purpose. Aviation is not only about avionics techniques or transporting humans to one place to another.  

Ambon- Ternate, done the flight many times in the sim.  Two great sites to approach and land. A great bay at one end and three volcanoes at the other end. Sometimes when I fly there, I wonder whether anybody comes to fly too. Now I know we are at least two 😁

6 hours ago, pommy80 said:

China for me. Needs a massive update however. Hundreds of missing airports and cities.

China is a mixed lot. The South has mostly nothing to talk about. But I have flown a lot the Western part with Orbx mesh, Shanxi, Gansu and Xinjiang which is not half bad. :

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2022.12.02 - 15.16.23.98

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.03.19 - 11.58.45.15Shan

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.10.23 - 13.43.31.88

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 5

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Wherever the weather is really Nasty... Search in badbadweather.com, go there 🙂

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

36 minutes ago, cagarini said:

Wherever the weather is really Nasty... Search in badbadweather.com, go there 🙂

If your dream flying is starting in the soup to fly above the clouds and dive back into the soup, you might miss one thing or two in MSFS 😄. Now if by flying in nasty weather you mean landing the Spit on a short and narrow Greek runway from a blue sea in a clear weather spiced up by a strong, gusty wind, we are talking . 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I love flying some military aircraft in the area of Afghanistan or Pakistan, especially the area near India. These desertic and mountain areas used to be so poorly modelled in our previous sims, but in MSFS the photo scenery and also the new autogen change everything.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daube said:

I love flying some military aircraft in the area of Afghanistan or Pakistan, especially the area near India. These desertic and mountain areas used to be so poorly modelled in our previous sims, but in MSFS the photo scenery and also the new autogen change everything.

Thanks to remind us that Pakistan is too often overlooked. From Gilgit to the Khyber Pass and Baluchistan, some great MSFS flights in the region. I know 😁 !

Dominique