Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

Better than life!

OK, maybe not really better than life, but as I sit here a couple of weeks away from a new knee on another cold and wet and miserable day, this looks pretty d*mn good to me!

42HB is a private strip in NorCal that comes as part of the Freedom Fox package, I believe. I only really noticed it the other day although I've had the aircraft for a good while, and thought I'd go check it out. In the Grravel, not the Fox (no real reason, just how it worked out). Nice bit of scenery and in a rather splendid landscape.

This is what I love about MSFS. This isn't an area with any particularly "name" scenic attraction (as far as I know), but it is done so well in the sim. I could explore around places like this for ever.

And I could certainly force myself to live somewhere like the Hogsback Ranch here.
HswNxD5.jpg

mOVv39Z.jpg

The interiors look great, but you can't get the camera inside the buildings, unfortunately. I fancied a shot of the plane from the bathtub!
5Ffl3B3.jpg

RwZfePO.jpg

dofOy6k.jpg

lId2gec.jpg

lX30iZr.jpg

uiYXhu9.jpg

oCTOfIu.jpg

Heading in the general direction of Sacramento. Didn't actually go all the way there but will be back to finish the flight off soon.
2axW8Vk.jpg

Now what I really like to do on this sort of trip is just pause the replay at some random spot and take a look around with the drone. It's amazing what you find sometimes. This looked like a good place to explore
rcvLbVC.jpg

Just down behine the plane, for example, there was this little bit of detail
hGVW4os.jpg

uTLVNFY.jpg

And that house in the middle distance looked interesting,
LefgxlY.jpg

And here it is up close
GWcZpGL.jpg

And off we went
Prx6Vsg.jpg

9iZPkbK.jpg

cVxJ8fR.jpg

Pretty impressive for default scenery around here.

• Like 13

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

The entire area looks extremely inviting for unscripted exploring and just general meandering. (Which I know you love to do.) 🙂

• Like 2

Shure not better than live, but nice captured shots Andy !

cheers 😉

• Like 3

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Superb!!!

• Like 2

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

On 3/9/2023 at 4:33 PM, andy1252 said:

.... on another cold and wet and miserable day....

It has been about same weather around here, in Chicagoland area, Andy....

Glad you're using the time to explore these sparkling and beautiful areas (from MSFS) ...despite being nameless...Enjoyed the series...!

• Like 1

Yezzz, I could fancy myself living there too 😀😀

Great trip and very nice shots, Andy !!

• Like 2

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080