Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Pop out Panels and Performance

Hi , i tried the pop out panels on the PMDG 737 and MaddogX and was able to drag them to tablets with great results. The performance is quite good allthough it cost me some fps on mostly noticing on approach. 

Is rhere a way to black out the VC panels you have pop out like i used to have in P3D? rendering the same panel twice seems to take a hit.

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I put my monitors for PFD and Eicas / ND on onboard GPU. MSFS is on my 3070.

Also Google MSFS popout panel manager great software for popout

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rob0203 said:

I put my monitors for PFD and Eicas / ND on onboard GPU. MSFS is on my 3070.

Also Google MSFS popout panel manager great software for popout

Thanks , will look if i am able to do so with the tablets

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

42 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Thanks , will look if i am able to do so with the tablets

Michael Moe 

Oh yeah that is not possible I think

SpaceDesk to extend your monitors without them plugging into your GPU

https://www.spacedesk.net/

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

19 hours ago, turbomax said:

SpaceDesk to extend your monitors without them plugging into your GPU

https://www.spacedesk.net/

Thats what i use but it takes a hit on fps mostly noticing on approach and taxi to gate.

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

FPS hit when popping out anything with MSFS is shocking, and still not worked on since release. Something else that was pushed under the carpet. I use air manager on a separate PC to counter act some of this. 

• Like 1

What is the FPS hit of using a pop-out panel?

I assume if you're using DLSS3 with Frame Generation, the hit from a pop-out panel is not really going to be as bad... You might go from 60FPS to 50FPS, but then with DLSS3 and FG you're still at 100FPS right?

EDIT: never mind, I read the link posted above... 90FPS to 40FPS!?!?!?! 😲

Edited by Virtual-Chris

my experience is that DX12 works better with popout performance

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

What is the FPS hit of using a pop-out panel?

46 with 2 pop outs, 48 fps with no pop out panel. DX12,RTX 4090 Frame generation ON. latest MSFS beta SU12. version 1.31.22.0

outdated i9900K @ lousy 4.7 GHz

ymmv.

nopopoutpanels48fpsmjda1.jpg

2popoutpanels46fpsfvfsa.jpg

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

38 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Ok, that's not nearly as bad as it use to be... it use to cut your FPS in half 😄

It still does if you place them on a separate monitor. What's the point in pop outs on the same monitor that MSFS is running on? 

• Like 4

I think my numbers from the screenshot above are not showing the FrameGenerated fps, but only 1/2 of it. I can only show the doubled FG values using MSI Afterburner, which shows them correctly as 112 instead of internal fps counter value of around 60 fps, but as soon as I pop out a panel while MSI Afterburner frame counter is running, MSFS crashes. anybody has a different frame counter that works with pop out panels AND shows FG values?

popoutpanelcrashwithf8ce6a.png

I can move 2 pop out panels on a 2nd monitor and getting still some 50 fps @ 4K DX12, FG still turned ON but no way to prove since I can not use MSI Afterburner to display those "fake" FG farme rates.

2popoutpanels50fps-dxnfizv.jpg

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

very nice.

Heureka! instead of using the dev mode internal fps counter or MSI Afterburner, I am now using Microsoft's very own Xbox game bar. It shows 110 fps with Frame Generation ON and 2 pop out panels on a separate monitor connected via DisplayPort on the same RTX 4090 as the main game display. what am I doing wrong that it does NOT cut my fps in half? 😀

popoutpanelwithframeggwd04.png

Edited by turbomax

very nice.