Sign in to follow this  
pilotter

Microsoft Store Reshade without batch file

7 minutes ago, davenicoll said:

Has anybody got a link to download reshade please?

v5.8 of the tool here:
https://reshade.me/
(Just scroll down the page)

FinalLight's ReShade preset:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/finallight-reshade-preset-realistic-colors-and-tone-fixes/454411/5

Usage instructions still on the old flightsim.to page:
https://flightsim.to/file/20557/finallight-reshade-preset-realistic-colors-and-tone-fixes

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

On 7/9/2023 at 9:51 PM, Claviateur said:

Strangely, I could not find gamelaunchhelper.exe in my MSFS folder not even while doing a file search on the drive or any other drive

I have just seen this topic for the first time tonight.  Ive always used the batch file to launch ReShade/MSFS but its a bit of a pain and to be honest I am unsure of the install procedure should I need to redo it all.

Original post mentions the gamelaunchhelper.exe in the xboxgames folder but my folder is completely empty.  I have the MS Store version and a custom install of MSFS on my D drive and when carrying out a search for the launchhelper on C drive it found nothing.  It shows on my D drive though here: D:\Program Files\MSFS\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content.  I can access both it and the Flightsimulator.exe files though neither have icons for some reason. Ill not be messing with my current install though 100% of the time my initial sim start by using the normal shortcut or the ReShade batch file results in a start up error message after the initial splash screen.  Have to restart then chose to run in normal mode.  Unsure if Reshade has somehow caused this.

Chris

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

On my PC (using CD's) MSFS is installed in a completely different way. One part (program) is installed in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.33.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\. In this folder  the FlightSimulator.exe is installed and the content on E:\Microsoft FS with its Community and Official folders. I think this is the standard installation and it works flawless until now when I tried to install Reshade. And just to mention, the folder C:\XboxGames is empty.

But trying to install Reshade does not work. I previously even tried the UWP version without any success. My problem is that Reshade first does not accept the Flightsimulator.exe. In that MSFS folder also the gamelaunchhelper.exe was not available. I then found this exe in another folder in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ and the ReShade installation accepted the file. But then I had another problem, the installation was looking for dxgi.dll in the same folder, but it was not there and then the installation were cancelled.

So I am now out of options how to install ReShade on my system. Or are there any tips what I should try else? Thanks!

Rolf

2 hours ago, Hanse_Rolf said:

On my PC (using CD's) MSFS is installed in a completely different way. One part (program) is installed in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.33.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\. In this folder  the FlightSimulator.exe is installed and the content on E:\Microsoft FS with its Community and Official folders. I think this is the standard installation and it works flawless until now when I tried to install Reshade. And just to mention, the folder C:\XboxGames is empty.

But trying to install Reshade does not work. I previously even tried the UWP version without any success. My problem is that Reshade first does not accept the Flightsimulator.exe. In that MSFS folder also the gamelaunchhelper.exe was not available. I then found this exe in another folder in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ and the ReShade installation accepted the file. But then I had another problem, the installation was looking for dxgi.dll in the same folder, but it was not there and then the installation were cancelled.

So I am now out of options how to install ReShade on my system. Or are there any tips what I should try else? Thanks!

Rolf

If you cannot get it to work give the NVidia Filters ( GeForce Experience ) a try.

That’s what I use…

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

If you cannot get it to work give the NVidia Filters ( GeForce Experience ) a try.

That’s what I use…

Gerard, do you mind sharing your filter settings? And does the latest driver now work well when using them?

Eric 

IMG-0029.jpg

IMG-0030.jpg

IMG-0032.jpg

IMG-0851.jpg

IMG-0852.jpg

Here I use Sony Bravia 4K TV’s with contrast at 90 and brightness at 35.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

On 7/22/2023 at 7:47 AM, GSalden said:

That’s what I use…

I used them too yet I do not understand why they can't simply allow us to save and load filters we set or someone else shares with us. Beyond me!

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

On 3/15/2023 at 7:44 AM, pilotter said:

Mannaged to get reshade working without a batch file.

When installing Reshade 5.7 just point to gamelaunchhelper in your xboxgames microsoft flight simulator content folder;

Using Reshade with Xbox App/Game Pass Installs

In the past getting Reshade and UWP to cooperate has required multiple steps of varying difficulty, however Microsoft has since changed their processes to allow direct access to game files for all users by default. As a result, the steps required to get Reshade working on Game Pass games is much less complicated.

The steps may vary slightly but the basics remain consistent:

1. Define your install path. You can set this by clicking on the profile icon in the top left of the xbox app> Settings > General, Under the section Game Install Options you can set the game folder destination. Install as normal.
  2. Depending on which method you intend to use, the next step will either be:
    • Manual Install - Place the files in the same folder as the game's .exe
    • Reshade Installer - launch the installer guide and browse to the game folders, from here you will need to locate gamelaunchhelper.exe as trying to use the game's own .exe will most likely produce an error.

Once you've successfully situated Reshade, launch the game and you should be able to use it as normal.

Hi guys, Im trying to install Reshade, but I cant find the gamelaunchhelper.exe in the folder - Any suggestions? 

Paul Wain

Never mind, I had to change a setting in the xbox app for me to find it. 😄 

• Like 1

Paul Wain