Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Heads up to my fellow DLSS Swapper Guinea Pigs

Right i’m giving this a try. See if my 3090 benefits.

• Like 1

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

3 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Just to let you know, DLSS 3.1.1 v2 seems to work fine so far with SU12, both on DX11 and DX12

Great!  Do we have to compile this ourselves or is there a working .exe?  I can't seem to find it.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I tried it. It’s nice. Much better than the default DLSS. Only thing I notice is that with DLSS I get lots of stitching of the ground tiles as I’m moving around the airports. It also does not happen with TAA. 

This is on a 3090  

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

So from what I'm gathering someone on a 4090 really won't see much benefit?  I usually am on TAA but I get shimmering at some airports.  DLSS is better but then I get the weird blurry panels even on quality.  No performance difference between either on my setup.  

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

2 hours ago, sfgiants13 said:

So from what I'm gathering someone on a 4090 really won't see much benefit?  I usually am on TAA but I get shimmering at some airports.  DLSS is better but then I get the weird blurry panels even on quality.  No performance difference between either on my setup.  

No reason to use DLSS with a 4090, TAA + Frame Gen = sim heaven.

• Like 1

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

41 minutes ago, kiwikat said:

No reason to use DLSS with a 4090, TAA + Frame Gen = sim heaven.

It works pretty good for me but shimmering can be pretty bad at some airports and DLSS is much better. Everything else TAA is great. 

• Like 1

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

6 hours ago, shamrockflyer said:

How do you get DLSS swapper to detect MSFS installation? I have it installed via the MS store.

I tried for an hour and I couldn't get it to find / recognise MSFS anywhere.  Mine is the store version as well.

I have plenty of steam games, but the only one DLSS swapper recognised was Cyberpunk 2077 for some reason. 

Edited by bobcat999

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

I tried for an hour and I couldn't get it to find / recognise MSFS anywhere.  Mine is the store version as well.

I have plenty of steam games, but the only one DLSS swapper recognised was Cyberpunk 2077 for some reason. 

Store version was detected right away, together with a few other (steam) games I also had installed.
I did have my MSFS installed in a non-default location. If you have it installed in your userprofile that might be why it isn't detecting it.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

In my case just clicking the swapper icon began an instant search of my drives for DLSS compatible games. After a few minutes it had found MSFS and a few others.

Check the swapper settings to be sure its searching through all of the available libraries.

Steam/GOG galaxy/Epic games/Ubisoft connect/Xbox enabled

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

42 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

Store version was detected right away, together with a few other (steam) games I also had installed.
I did have my MSFS installed in a non-default location. If you have it installed in your userprofile that might be why it isn't detecting it.

MSFS is installed on my F: drive, but the DLSS file (nvngx_dlss.dll) cannot be found with a search, as it appears either windows or MSFS has hidden it.  The only instance of this file showing in a search is in the steam library Cyberpunk folder as expected.

It is strange, as MSFS is definitely using DLSS.  I know this because when I switch to it from TAA in the settings, my GPU usage drops drastically, the card runs cooler, my fps goes through the roof, and I get the slightly blurry flat screens (which is my main reason to want to try a newer DLSS file).

Wierd!

Edited by bobcat999

21 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

In my case just clicking the swapper icon began an instant search of my drives for DLSS compatible games. After a few minutes it had found MSFS and a few others.

Check the swapper settings to be sure its searching through all of the available libraries.

Steam/GOG galaxy/Epic games/Ubisoft connect/Xbox enabled

Yes, I have done all that thanks Devon.  The fact that my search app (Everything) also can only find the Cyberpunk one tells me the file for MSFS is protected or hidden somewhere.

Edited by bobcat999

4 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Yes, I have done all that thanks Devon.  The fact that my search app (Everything) also can only find the Cyberpunk one tells me the file for MSFS is protected or hidden somewhere.

I found this https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/dlss-2-5-1-in-flight-sim/571306/17

Edited by shamrockflyer
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

MSFS is installed on my F: drive, but the DLSS file (nvngx_dlss.dll) cannot be found with a search, as it appears either windows or MSFS has hidden it.  The only instance of this file showing in a search is in the steam library Cyberpunk folder as expected.

41 minutes ago, shamrockflyer said:

Good one. I chose mine to install it at C:\Games\Xbox\Flight Simulator\ but the default location is probably that Program Files\Windowsapp folder which is a protected location. Mine is not😀

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5