Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Cool T-37 Tweet Freeware

Having never flown an airplane with one, I can't speak from personal experience, but I'd assume that was generally how it was done, since moving card ADF indicators (which I have flown with) are used the same way.

Edited by ndts

Re: the elevator trim, Ark: there's a green "Takeoff Trim Light" just above the RMI, Ark: when it's lit - the elevator is set for takeoff.

• Like 1

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

11 hours ago, Paul J said:

....I think a Gloster Meteor sounds should work, if one could be found: it had very whiney engines too... 

I agree.  For me, the sounds are the only weak point of this fantastic model.

If you create a log in, Sim Outhouse has the excellent Rob Richardson model of the Meteor F mk8 with great sounds.  I might try aliasing them myself tonight and see how they go.
There is one repaint example below from Jan.

https://flightsim.to/file/24637/gloster-meteor-mk-8-raf-no-245-sqn-wl135

By the way, Rob also has excellent models of the Vampire, Grumman Cougar, McDonnell Banshee, and Hawker Sea Hawk all over on Sim Outhouse, with loads of repaints on FS.to.

I think Rob might have been working on a TSR-2 for FSX / P3D before he took a break. 
I really wish he would consider picking this up again for MSFS; it is one of my favourites of all time, and he would do a great job of it.

It's great some classic jets are now making it into the sim.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

21 hours ago, ndts said:

You're not missing anything there. That style of DG was fairly common when the T-37 was designed in the 1950's, but it was replaced with the more modern "moving card" style on newer aircraft like the T-38. 

I don't know if the T-37's ever had a newer DG retrofitted, but all the photos I've seen of Tweet cockpits show the "moving needle" style DG.

We flew with all original instruments in 1999. We often called the little circle on the end of the needle "toilet seat" "When seating facing forward in reference to the tip off the circle" and setting the desired course in the top window the needle and the to/from window would determine the direction needed to turn to arrive at the course in the course selector. This would apply to both inbound or outbound course to either a VORTAC for either approaches or holding. 

Keith Guillory

For those who flew the T-37, are the altitude and airspeed gauges in this addon as you remember them? Having the needle on the altimeter make a complete revolution every 100ft strikes me as really distracting, but maybe there was some instructional objective in that.

It also seems a bit odd the RMI had a rotating card, but not the DG. I think if I was flying the T-37 I'd be using the RMI card as my DG!   

Thanks,

Al

Edited by ark