Sign in to follow this  
regis9

FPS Plunging with AI Traffic

Hello, I’m having an issue today that I haven’t seen before.  Enabling any AI traffic (AIG or FSLTL) causes my FPS to nosedive.  I’m currently enroute in the MD-88, not really near any large cities, and with no AI traffic I have a about 35 fps (without frame generation) and with AI traffic I have 5-7fps.  I’ve completed other flights in SU12 without this issue.

Any ideas?  Obviously AI traffic takes a bit of resources but I’ve never seen anything this drastic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Happening to me as well ... Was about to post in the AIG thread because i just updated their models but i guess its not them ? I dont know but frankly the sim is all of a sudden unplayable. Never had this issue before ever. I dont have FSLTL installed my only install is AIG and i ran their model update this morning.

I use the TC and not online traffic.

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Not having this problem but something has apparently changed. I am operating from Nassau today and I see many more airliners taking off and landing than usual. I don’t have any addon, just the default traffic. Nice.

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Thanks, yeah I ran the model update this morning too, that would be the only thing that has changed since my last issue free flight.  Does FSLTL use AIG models as fallback or anything?  Maybe that’s the connection?

I didn’t do a restart after updating AIG so I’ll try that after my current flight and see if that helps.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

10 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Thanks, yeah I ran the model update this morning too, that would be the only thing that has changed since my last issue free flight.  Does FSLTL use AIG models as fallback or anything?  Maybe that’s the connection?

I didn’t do a restart after updating AIG so I’ll try that after my current flight and see if that helps.

If you have AIG installed in the community folder, FSLTL will automaticlaly use them as fallback. However the new AIG models only released a couple of hours ago and will only be installed if you manually run verify setup, so unless you did that I don't believe it's AIG the cause. The maddog had two updates yesterday, did you download them? I'd go down that route.

41 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Happening to me as well ... Was about to post in the AIG thread because i just updated their models but i guess its not them ? I dont know but frankly the sim is all of a sudden unplayable. Never had this issue before ever. I dont have FSLTL installed my only install is AIG and i ran their model update this morning.

I use the TC and not online traffic.

There's a bug with contrails from the new AIG models, according to Discord. This can kill your FPS. They are working on a hotfix and apparently already found the faulty contrail file.

17 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

There's a bug with contrails from the new AIG models, according to Discord. This can kill your FPS. They are working on a hotfix and apparently already found the faulty contrail file.

it is not a bug, it just seems that the FPS impact is havier on some systems compared to others......

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

9 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

it is not a bug, it just seems that the FPS impact is havier on some systems compared to others......

Are contrails for AI planes really worth any FPS impact? Even 10% is a huge impact for a contrail and probably no one would find that a good trade-off.

36 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Are contrails for AI planes really worth any FPS impact?

there are many users that have requested contrails....

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

If you have AIG installed in the community folder, FSLTL will automaticlaly use them as fallback. However the new AIG models only released a couple of hours ago and will only be installed if you manually run verify setup, so unless you did that I don't believe it's AIG the cause. The maddog had two updates yesterday, did you download them? I'd go down that route.

Thanks, I did run verify setup so I'd have the new models.  I'll try updating the Maddog (not sure of the FPS connection between that and AI traffic but weirder things have happened), restart, and test with a few aircraft to see what I can figure out.  Good thing it's Saturday 🙂

Dave

I updated the AIG models earlier today, and now my FPS are tanked as well, using them with PSXT and Real Traffic.  If I remove them from the Community folder, FPS is back up to normal.  Any idea how long this hotfix will take to roll out?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mikeklimek said:

I updated the AIG models earlier today, and now my FPS are tanked as well, using them with PSXT and Real Traffic.  If I remove them from the Community folder, FPS is back up to normal.  Any idea how long this hotfix will take to roll out?

tomorrow 😉

• Like 3

Just now, G-YMML1 said:

Yes, from 32 to 10 at KLAX with PSXT/RT combo

30FPS for me at LAX while tesing.... wonder why it is so different at each system

7 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

30FPS for me at LAX while tesing.... wonder why it is so different at each system

IniBuilds KLAX