Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

UK Army using X-Plane?

This Youtube video sure has clips that look like X-Plane. If not it goes to show just how much realism we have in XP12!

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

This doesn't look like X-Plane TBH.. probably P3D.. It's hard to tell

• Upvote 2

It's CAE sim.

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

It's CAE sim.

Amazing XP12 is similar in detail!

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

5 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Amazing XP12 is similar in detail!

Similar in what detail?????

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Flight Sim PC - OS: Windows 11 Pro. CPU: i9-13900K.  RAM: 64GB. GPU: NVidia RTX 4090 OC
Flight Sim Xbox - Seriex X, 3TB

More about it in here: £183-million boost for military helicopter training - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

and here: Home - Ascent Flight Training : Ascent Flight Training

and I believe I was wrong because it appears not to be the CAE H145 / EC145 and BK117, but rather, these ASCENT solutions with Lockheed Martin and AIRBUS behind it.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

6 minutes ago, jcomm said:

but rather, these ASCENT solutions with Lockheed Martin behind it.

Wouldn't be surprised. They do have a lot of government contracts.

Flight Sim PC - OS: Windows 11 Pro. CPU: i9-13900K.  RAM: 64GB. GPU: NVidia RTX 4090 OC
Flight Sim Xbox - Seriex X, 3TB

5 hours ago, brinx said:

Similar in what detail?????

Why the rudeness in your reply?

If you watched the video I linked to, the general views looked similar to XP12 to me - someone else thought P3D.  I also gave a view that if it wasn't XP12, it is amazing the realism we get to see in a desktop sim.

I can't imagine you thought I was refering to the hardware itself or any other screen/displays.

2 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

If you watched the video I linked to, the general views looked similar to XP12 to me - someone else thought P3D.  I also gave a view that if it wasn't XP12, it is amazing the realism we get to see in a desktop sim.

I can't imagine you thought I was refering to the hardware itself or any other screen/displays.

I don't think the visuais are from p3d either... LM has other type of contributions to professional/ military sim solutions...

Main Simulation Rig:

3 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I think maybe you were mistaking real world footage for sim footage?

The few glimpses of an actual sim I saw (right near the end) looked very FSX era.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

These simulator visuals remind me of the "Enemy Engaged" helisims. So mid-2000s detail level at best.

• Like 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Even if it's XP visually, it doesn't means it's the same as your home grow XP, it could well be just a shell that their actual simulator only tell where and what attitude to put the aircraft at in realtime.