Sign in to follow this  
altenae

Question about GSX Pushback.

Do users of GSX have this issue with pushback ?

When pushback you see the aircraft lifts an inch (or whatever)
After pushback you see a little drop is there something I can do do about this?
Also when coming to a stop it's an all of a sudden stop compared with the default pushback from Adobo it's slowly coming to a stop.

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

2 minutes ago, altenae said:

After pushback you see a little drop is there something I can do do about this?

I hope not. That is how pushback works.

The front gear is lifted off the ground and then the pushback truck takes over.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Farlis said:

It even happens with the Towbar.
So no this is not how it works with a Towbar

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

14 minutes ago, Farlis said:

the real towbar pushback does not lift the AC. So this is a bug, glitch, or whatever you want to call it from fsdreamteam side. They use slew to make it work. Very immersion killer in my POV.

Sergio Naiberg

6 minutes ago, SN737 said:

So this is a bug, glitch, or whatever you want to call it from fsdreamteam side.

It's neither a bug nor a glitch. They do this by design. Bugs are unintentional. This is not.

16 minutes ago, SN737 said:

the real towbar pushback does not lift the AC. So this is a bug, glitch, or whatever you want to call it from fsdreamteam side. They use slew to make it work. Very immersion killer in my POV.

Yes correct it's slew.
The default pushback from Asobo is smooth and comes very slow to a stop instead of an instant stop.

• Like 1

Yeah it sucks and sucks more I have to remember to end the pushback manually in the Fenix unless I want to deal with Hot Brakes. I still like GSX. Just a small thing I have to deal with when pushing back

1 hour ago, environmental_ice said:

Yeah it sucks and sucks more I have to remember to end the pushback manually in the Fenix unless I want to deal with Hot Brakes. I still like GSX. Just a small thing I have to deal with when pushing back

never had this issues with hot  brakes with the fenix when using  gsx have  you update   gsx  pro  at all  to the  latest version

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I run the GSX updater every day, yet I still have the hot brake issue with the Fenix about 50% of the time. I know I can go into Maintenance on the FMGC and "fix the hot brakes" but I wish this issue was fixed. I really enjoy both the Fenix and GSX, and that is really the only problem I have with either of them. 

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

I fly the Fenix all the time, and I've only seen the hot brakes issue a single time. No idea what I did differently on that flight.  Weird that nobody has figured out exactly what causes it yet.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

The Hot Brakes has been fixed by Fenix a while ago, when they released an update which detects when GSX is pushing. If it still happens to you, and you use FS Realistic, it's caused by the Ambient Wind function, and it's solved by disabling it.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, virtuali said:

The Hot Brakes has been fixed by Fenix a while ago, when they released an update which detects when GSX is pushing. If it still happens to you, and you use FS Realistic, it's caused by the Ambient Wind function, and it's solved by disabling it.

Aha, thanks for that! I DO use FSRealistic and somehow missed that notification. I was aware that Fenix had worked on the issue, and since then it has happened much less, but it still happens to me. So, I will turn off the Ambient Wind Function in FSRealistic and give it a shot. 🙂 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11