Sign in to follow this  
Malaromane

XP12.05b1 Released

7 hours ago, turbomax said:

unfortunately in x-plane you have to do that each and every time if you want to use different graphics settings for 2D and for VR.

What I've done is create two startup scripts

quality_start.sh

cd nvme/X-Plane\ 12
cp ../XP\ Preferences/X-Plane_quality.prf Output/preferences/X-Plane.prf
./X-Plane-x86_64 &
echo "$!" > xp.pid
sudo renice -20 `cat xp.pid`

for everything maxed out.

and

vrstart.sh

nvidia-settings --assign [DPY:HDMI-1]/ColorRange=1
cd nvme/X-Plane\ 12
cp ../XP\ Preferences/X-Plane.prf Output/preferences/
./X-Plane-x86_64 &
echo "$!" > xp.pid
sudo renice -20 `cat xp.pid`

for hard fought VR settings which never miss a beat.

I might actually do a 3rd (or maybe add options to vrstart), because ironically now the 744 is reaching the point VR flights in it make sense I'm finding I get waaaay better fps at higher settings in the 744 cockpit than the likes of the R44 (presumably because there is much less "outside" to see from the 744 cockpit)

You can probably do something similar in windows.

This is tiding me over fine until we are in a "make all the VR stuff even more awesome" part of the XP run, VR dropped during the 11.2X run last time and hasn't changed much since, but I have to say I'm more looking forward to more performance improvements so I can turn those VR settings up some more in the R44, and very much looking forward to when new scenery stuff starts going live, really excited to see what they have for us there (to the point I could end up disappointed 😬)

TLDR:

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

What I've done is create two startup scripts

thanks mSparks, but that cryptic scrypt is way over my head 😀 I came here to fly, not to program.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

can you walk around in x-plane12 and around the plane like we can do in MSFS using a joystick/x-box controller or do we have to buy a separate tool like x-camera for this? I don't mean just changing your view but actually move/walk around, inside and outside the plane and apron/hangars etc.

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

31 minutes ago, turbomax said:

can you walk around in x-plane12 and around the plane like we can do in MSFS using a joystick/x-box controller or do we have to buy a separate tool like x-camera for this?

VR uses the teleporter

arrow keys, full stop and comma by default slide you around in 2D and VR, you can bind them to a controller as you please. view modes (like circle and chase) also work the same in 2D and VR

I have extra commands in the 744 that slide to different positons in VR rather than teleporting.

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 1

AutoATC Developer

33 minutes ago, mSparks said:

slide you around in 2D and VR

thanks mSparks.

I am familiar with those but that's not what I was thinking of, to only move around the plane but instead walk around freely without using the teleporting VR controllers, not only looking at the aircraft from different angles but where I can move around and look at other objects/buildings, not my aircraft alone. something like this maybe?

https://store.x-plane.org/X-Camera_p_889.html

very nice.

26 minutes ago, turbomax said:

something like this maybe?

well..adding that level of detail and beyond is something hotstart pride themselves on

from my experience there are plugins and mods free and payware generally available to cover pretty much anything you can think of.

5 years on and "there's a mod for that" has always been the answer to any question Ive had that isnt included out of the box.

But I also got bored of all that messing around for XP12. my settings are all default, I have a "quick" workflow for adding any scenery, I just want to fly and enjoy it, definitely spent more time in XP11 tweaking and trying different options than actually flying, now, unless its something that really annoys me (which generally involves filing a bug report), I just use it as is. (although I also have autoatc running, which adds a lot of functionality I found missing in XP11)

(xcamera is, from what I have seen, a really decent camera handling upgrade tho)

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 2

AutoATC Developer

so which camera tool was used in this video?

very nice.

1 hour ago, turbomax said:

so which camera tool was used in this video?

which video? the challenger? if so aiui it comes with all that.

AutoATC Developer

7 hours ago, turbomax said:

can you walk around in x-plane12 and around the plane like we can do in MSFS using a joystick/x-box controller or do we have to buy a separate tool like x-camera for this? I don't mean just changing your view but actually move/walk around, inside and outside the plane and apron/hangars etc.

If you press C you're in free roam mode and you can move around using the arrow keys and < >

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Setup: RX6800 | 5800X3D + B450 | 32GB 3200MHz | X-Plane 12

I didn't know that, thanks Bogdan, will have to try that and see how I can move around via joystick/x-box controller, can't use the keyboard when I have my VR headset on.

very nice.

9 hours ago, bogdansrb said:

press C you're in free roam mode and you can move around using the arrow keys and < >

is there a way to use a joystick instead of mouse and keyboard to change the camera position? in VR mode they keyboard is too cumbersome. if this requires a separate thread, let me know  and I will start a new one.

very nice.

I guess that as long as it's properly recognized by x-plane you can assign view commands (in the "manipulate view" category). 

• Like 1

Setup: RX6800 | 5800X3D + B450 | 32GB 3200MHz | X-Plane 12

Has anyone success with Active Sky XP12 Beta4 and X-Plane 12.05b1? Both apps are running fine side-by-side but no connection between them (message "Waiting for Simulator" in ASXP). Was running fine before. Reinstalled ASXPConnect12 plugin, nothing. Maybe too many betas on the same time.

9 minutes ago, pots said:

Has anyone success with Active Sky XP12 Beta4 and X-Plane 12.05b1? Both apps are running fine side-by-side but no connection between them (message "Waiting for Simulator" in ASXP). Was running fine before. Reinstalled ASXPConnect12 plugin, nothing. Maybe too many betas on the same time.

Did you un installed first the previous beta version of both ASXP and ASXconnect plugin? Not only re installing will work.

Alexander Colka