Sign in to follow this  
Malaromane

XP12.05b1 Released

54 minutes ago, bogdansrb said:

Yes. If I disable 3d vegetation, the FPS goes back up.

Ah, that's it then that makes the difference. I never enable 3d trees.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulators: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!), AND AeroflyFS4 - Great  FLIGHT SIMULATION !!!

2 minutes ago, turbomax said:

1) I have a G2 too and the few times I use x-periment-12

Rest of the post ignored.

• Upvote 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

15 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Rest of the post ignored.

nothing contributed. post ignored.

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

2 hours ago, turbomax said:

modern comfortable UI looks like. for linux users this must be super luxury though.

Funny....cause when I fresh-boot to my linux desktop, it's using 100MB of ram. System total. I never have the 'out of memory' quagmire that is windoze.

OS trash talking aside though, on a 'number of clicks required to get something done' basis, XP wins hands down. 

Edited by blingthinger
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

Ah, that's it then that makes the difference. I never enable 3d trees.

I doubt some trees alone cause such a big FPS drop (from 40-50 to 17).

• Like 1

Setup: RX6800 | 5800X3D + B450 | 32GB 3200MHz | X-Plane 12

17 minutes ago, bogdansrb said:

I doubt some trees alone cause such a big FPS drop (from 40-50 to 17).

they should not ever. "instancing" is the keyword here, DirectX or Vulcan should be able to draw tons of them without major fps hit.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

Frankenstein horror clouds are back, and nervous flickering/shimmering terrain texture/silhouette in the water. very distracting and annoying. I was so looking forward to an evening flight from KORS to CYPR, but unfortunately back to the other simulator until next x-perimental beta update:

frankencloudsareback1ovdxv.jpg

such a pity since it can look very compelling at other times: CYCD Nanaimo Canada Vancouver island:

nanaimocycdv2dusk12.0vocul.jpg

a great feature of x-plane vs. the other simulators is the fact that where ever you land, even small lesser known airports, there will always be some airport buildings, infrastructure, service trucks, airplanes etc. without having to find extra airport-add on first. fortunately this scenery gateway is coming to the other sim soon as well.

my first CAT4 night landing 😀

in x-plane at CAT4 - Qualicum Beach airport Vancouver island:

qualicumcat4-12.0.5.1fzcr9.jpg

Edited by turbomax

very nice.

1 minute ago, turbomax said:

Vulcan should be able to draw tons of them without major fps hit.

Difference here is that the trees are moving. The geometry and textures are instanced but the gpu shaders defining the wind-accurate motion are a fair bit more complex, be it dx12 or Vulkan. That's why the checkbox is there: it takes gpu cycles to draw and like the clouds right now, may not be optimized yet.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

animated trees, ok understand. but then why not have a slider to adjust amount of moving trees, and draw them only close to the aircraft while on the ground?

Edited by turbomax

very nice.

I'll take volcano ash over globs of octopus ink lol

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

4 hours ago, turbomax said:

nothing contributed. post ignored.

Now your getting it.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

21 minutes ago, Krakin said:

it's a nuisance with these clouds in both sims. I would prefer the xplane clouds without that black "octopus ink" over the MSFS clouds, I can't understand what is so difficult for xplane to get this right. and it has been like that for months.

very nice.

23 minutes ago, turbomax said:

I can't understand what is so difficult for xplane to get this right

I'll have to pay a visit to the MSFS forum to see how you approach the 'volcanic ash' clouds, THREE years since release. 

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Personally I wouldn't take either, but volcanic ash clouds in MSFS, after three years, seems to suggest it isn't an easy thing to fix.  I tried MSFS again recently, but volcanic ash clouds were evident with the sun shining directly on them.

I rather like to fly the sim which gives me the best sensation of flying.  If that sim overall gives me what I want, I'm more than willing to have patience with the developers to fix what I don't like.  I certainly don't feel the need to denigrate the sim or developers associated with it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Krakin said:

globs of octopus ink lol

That's a nice one :) Though I'm the other way around.

It's easy enough to avoid the .5 hr period of time when ink sometimes shows up. More disturbing to get an unrequested weather update that triggers the oil-farm-burn of other gfx platforms.

And an aside, I've never seen an XP fan post pics of cephalopod squirt in praise. Conversely, I've seen quite a few Asoboians posts pics of their dark clouds while sim-bragging, as if trying to make me jealous. Always brings a smile to the face.

Regardless, DCS has the cloud magic down.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3