Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

Su12 PG ON OR OFF?

16 hours ago, Axis3600 said:

Are you sure ?
It makes me want to reactivate it just for that but I don't know if it makes a difference on resolution and the malliage ...
I don't want to be fooled by the placebo ...

Yes it does but only in the areas covered by PG of course.

5 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

Yes it does but only in the areas covered by PG of course.

Oh so it's around town? Isn't it on the scale of an entire country?

One thing I don't really understand about this discussion, is that it is so easy to turn PG on or off in the MSFS menu that I am left wondering exactly what the problem is. It takes seconds to do so, at least for me. I leave it on most of the time, because I like the ultra-realistic rendition of PG cities from the air, but in circumstances where it does not look good I turn it off. This is just one of many choices everyone makes in setting up MSFS; what is so different about this one?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cobalt said:

One thing I don't really understand about this discussion, is that it is so easy to turn PG on or off in the MSFS menu that I am left wondering exactly what the problem is. It takes seconds to do so, at least for me. I leave it on most of the time, because I like the ultra-realistic rendition of PG cities from the air, but in circumstances where it does not look good I turn it off. This is just one of many choices everyone makes in setting up MSFS; what is so different about this one?

Yeah, I totally agree...however, I'm lazy and like to "set and forget" without fiddling with settings too much. My takeaway from the discussion is, what's the best "set and forget" setting regarding PG? To me, PG looks great in both pancake and VR. I've just left it on and tuned settings (TLOD is really the only thing) down to where the performance is acceptable. Rolling Cache is disabled as well. I'm sure turning PG off would boost the performance a bit, but from the air, it looks pretty well done. I have noticed that lately there has been a slight dip in performance. Dunno if it's PG related at all.

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

14 hours ago, Axis3600 said:

Oh so it's around town? Isn't it on the scale of an entire country?

It's around whatever the coverage area of a certain PG area is.