Sign in to follow this  
St Mawgan

Just Flight Pipers updates

Though I'd post this here since it's an update issue.

There's a red LV light that I can't seem to turn off, where it says the radio station not in compliance. Anyone know how to turn that off.

- Ignore it goes away when airborne. sorry.

Edited by FPStewy

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

57 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

Though I'd post this here since it's an update issue.

There's a red LV light that I can't seem to turn off, where it says the radio station not in compliance. Anyone know how to turn that off.

- Ignore it goes away when airborne. sorry.

Sounds like the Low Voltage light that comes on when you run the engines under 1000 rpm.

• Like 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

Taking off is a nightmare. Once up it's fine.

Just spent 25 hrs doing flights in the Arrow II

I like what they did but hey it's a trainer, anything above 5 kts of cross/wind on take off or landing is like Rodeo you just have to hang on for 8 seconds.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Both got updated again but the since Warrior - 0.3.7 the fuel selection seems to be on auto, is there a setting someone knows about to change this.

58 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

Both got updated again but the since Warrior - 0.3.7 the fuel selection seems to be on auto, is there a setting someone knows about to change this.

Been a while since I've flown them, but I believe there is a Toggle Setting in the EFB Tablet for fuel Auto/Manual..

• Like 1

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

35 minutes ago, Pivot said:

Been a while since I've flown them, but I believe there is a Toggle Setting in the EFB Tablet for fuel Auto/Manual..

You are correct, thanks.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2023 at 8:25 AM, FPStewy said:

I like what they did but hey it's a trainer, anything above 5 kts of cross/wind on take off or landing is like Rodeo you just have to hang on for 8 seconds.

That's certainly not how an Arrow or any nosedragger trainer handles 5kts of crosswind lol.  Now if you're talking a J-3 or Stearman, maybe.  😁

But yeah, the ridiculous overdone crosswind effect in this sim that's never been fixed is really getting old.  At least A2A fixed it in their plane.

• Like 1

Andrew Crowley

Cross wind issues seem to be a combo of two factors,  Saying the crosswind versus ground friction/inertia in the sim is "badly modelled" is an understatement, ground friction and inertia in the ground roll seem to almost not exist, making crosswinds harder generically sim-wide unless developers fudge for it. 

Compounding that, the live weather seems to typically generate crosswinds that are substantially higher than what you regularly see at the same airport at ground level in real life.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick