Sign in to follow this  
St Mawgan

Just Flight Pipers updates

I haven't flown the Arrow 3 in about 1 1/2 years. Ran the update today, and it flies really nice, compared to what I remember it flying like, when I last flew it. Take off , no problem, tracked the runway well, climb out, cruise, descent and landing,  hand flying all good. think I will take it for a 150 mile flight now. Hope I remember how everything works. Nice update. 

• Like 7

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

2 hours ago, jarmstro said:

Plain old cooking Arrow. Taking off is a nightmare. Once up it's fine.

I was afraid of that. 

37 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I haven't flown the Arrow 3 in about 1 1/2 years. Ran the update today, and it flies really nice, compared to what I remember it flying like, when I last flew it. Take off , no problem, tracked the runway well, climb out, cruise, descent and landing,  hand flying all good. think I will take it for a 150 mile flight now. Hope I remember how everything works. Nice update. 

Yet, it seems like you're having a different story? 

I love these planes! 

Edited by Sonosusto

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

30 minutes ago, Sonosusto said:

I was afraid of that. 

Yet, it seems like you're having a different story? 

I love these planes! 

If I haven't flown something for a long time, I just do a couple of touch and goes, tweak some controls, and that's it. Easy, peasy. Only thing I couldn't remember was how to hide the  tablet. Figured it out eventually. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

If I haven't flown something for a long time, I just do a couple of touch and goes, tweak some controls, and that's it. Easy, peasy. Only thing I couldn't remember was how to hide the  tablet. Figured it out eventually. 

Good to hear. I was more thinking of the rudder on take off. I have not flown since the update. 

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

24 minutes ago, Sonosusto said:

Good to hear. I was more thinking of the rudder on take off. I have not flown since the update. 

the trick to these light GA aircraft, is to set up he rudder first, and then when starting the takeoff roll, very slowly increase power until the aircraft gets up to a decent speed. Firewalling the throttle will have you S curving all over the runway. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

18 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

the trick to these light GA aircraft, is to set up he rudder first, and then when starting the takeoff roll, very slowly increase power until the aircraft gets up to a decent speed. Firewalling the throttle will have you S curving all over the runway. 

Ah. Yes. Good point there. Thank you. 

Snaking down the runway is not fun. 

Just flew for a few minutes in the non-turbo Arrow III and it looks like a good update. Still one of the nicest GA singles available.

• Like 2

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Anyone know how to turn off altitude hold. I saw a video  that said just press the same click spot to turn it off, but it doesn't seem to work.

spacer.png

18 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Anyone know how to turn off altitude hold. I saw a video  that said just press the same click spot to turn it off, but it doesn't seem to work.

It should be above the "Piper" logo on the AP panel. I am going off the manual here. 

Edited by Sonosusto

5 minutes ago, Sonosusto said:

It should be above the "Piper" logo on the AP panel. I am going off the manual here. 

That is how you turn it on, how do you turn it off?

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

That is how you turn it on, how do you turn it off?

Well, according to the manual it's supposed to be a toggle (sorry I can't actually help you) it says, "4. Navigation/approach coupler knob – click on the Piper label above the knob to toggle altitude hold mode. The tooltip text indicates whether altitude hold mode is engaged"

There is also Control+Z that could turn it off as well, according to the manual. 

Hopefully it's not a bug or that you have disengage AP altogether to get it to stop. Let me know what works for ya. 

Edited by Sonosusto

30 minutes ago, Sonosusto said:

Well, according to the manual it's supposed to be a toggle (sorry I can't actually help you) it says, "4. Way way Navigation/approach coupler knob – click on the Piper label above the knob to toggle altitude hold mode. The tooltip text indicates whether altitude hold mode is engaged"

There is also Control+Z that could turn it off as well, according to the manual. 

Hopefully it's not a bug or that you have disengage AP altogether to get it to stop. Let me know what works for ya. 

The only way I could get it to descend was to turn the autopilot off and then back on again to follow the ILS I'm guessing it's a bug.

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The only way I could get it to descend was to turn the autopilot off and then back on again to follow the ILS I'm guessing it's a bug.

Is it possible to send them a ticket when you get a chance? I will try and fly when I get home to see this. 

I was never in love with this addon but since it was the only decent GA around I had it pretty much from the beginning.  This update didn't seem to do much to the flight model because it still flies like a paper airplane in a crosswind.  

It's got good character but I can't see myself flying it over the BS Bonanza or the Baron.

I don't regret the purchase of the turbo arrow but it's showing its age - visually it's not as nice as more recent offerings.

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I don't have the Warrior, but the JF Arrows all needed a whole lot of up trim on the elevator to make take off's straight for my flights. Then keep reducing the trim during the climb, eventually to neutral. Until I learned to do that, it was always scary before I was up and cruising.  A lot of up trim!

• Like 3

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.