Sign in to follow this  
BobFS88

IXEG 737 Classic will be coming to XP12

Was about to post this myself. I can't wait!

5-7 veeks. I had hoped it would arrive sooner than that but things seem to be moving along regardless. Hope there's not going to be even more delays. 

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Welcome news - I can wait a bit after waiting nearly 5 years for the 300 Classic to finally appear in P3D then leaving it behind to go XPlaning!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Swe_Richard said:

Was about to post this myself. I can't wait!

5-7 veeks. I had hoped it would arrive sooner than that but things seem to be moving along regardless. Hope there's not going to be even more delays. 

Yeah I am looking forward to this aircraft myself. It appears that one the developers will be working full time so there maybe more to look forward to in the coming future which is really good news. They have been silent for some time and hopefully will start become major player going forward.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, coastaldriver said:

Welcome news - I can wait a bit after waiting nearly 5 years for the 300 Classic to finally appear in P3D then leaving it behind to go XPlaning!

This was the the aircraft that made me take the plug into X plane due to attention to details not seen in any of the FSX version and told me that there is something unique about that platform and was difference for the usual aircraft you see in FSX. How ever I did read up on what was X plane was all about and its development philosophy. I knew it was going to take time and patience to get up to speed and also disappointed that others didn't not see this as a viable alternative to the headaches we were enduring with the limitation imposes on us with the 32bitness if FSX.  I was glad I made the move to never look back. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

let's see what they release. I'm not too happy with the extensive attention to the cabin interior, makes me wary of why they didn't mention other things more important to aircraft operation like flight dynamics and systems.

sigfile_dva.png

30 minutes ago, jwenting said:

let's see what they release. I'm not too happy with the extensive attention to the cabin interior, makes me wary of why they didn't mention other things more important to aircraft operation like flight dynamics and systems.

I usually don't get into concerning myself with the cabin interior that much, I sometimes consider it as a nice to have but in this case the improvements in the 737 IXEG interior was long overdue, to get this plan up to a 2023 standard. 

7 hours ago, jwenting said:

why they didn't mention other things more important to aircraft operation like flight dynamics and systems.

It's literally the third bullet point on the list for the release. 🙂

• Upvote 1

Founder of X-Aviation

10 hours ago, jwenting said:

I'm not too happy with the extensive attention to the cabin interior

I do kind of agree with this one. Stay away from my RAM / VRAM! I'm sure it's a reasonable amount, but still. I suppose the kids want it though, so I just have to "shrug"...

This 737 was my gateway into the major paywares. It's a good one.

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

I’m honestly surprised by the upgrade price, I’m in that category and all I can say is wow! I’d expect to pay way more for what had to be considerable work to get this into XP12.

Now I’m patiently waiting on the XP12 update to the TBM, which again is a big wow!

It’s coming at no cost to current owners. 

Many thanks to the guys making this happen!

Edited by Jacoba
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I'm a Classic enthusiast but I have to wonder if a single sim pilot can realistically handle a 727 especially with CIVA navigation.  It seems to me the IXEG Classic hits the sweet spot.

• Like 2

Realistically? No, of course not. I'm sure none of the airlines were paying 3 pilots in the cockpit out of the goodness of their hearts 🙂

But, for the kind of airliner trips I fly, i.e. extremely casual, it works just fine.

TBH, one of the big reasons is my dad was a 727 & 737 Captain, Naval Aviator (ASW), and GulfStream GV IP. And out of all his type ratings, he said his favorite was always the 727.

The other reason is that FJS is simply excellent at creating immersive atmosphere in their addons. Just hits all the right buttons.

Finally, if I want to go more modern, Zibo and Flight Factor are always ready and waiting.

On 4/6/2023 at 12:41 PM, BobFS88 said:

I usually don't get into concerning myself with the cabin interior that much, I sometimes consider it as a nice to have but in this case the improvements in the 737 IXEG interior was long overdue, to get this plan up to a 2023 standard. 

I've been using XP for 6 years, and MSFS in various versions for 17 years before that. I never used the cabin views in all that time. Didn't even know the IXEG had one...

sigfile_dva.png

Speaking of Classic, I have vivid memories of a right side window seat behind the wing flaps coming into a landing at Kai Tak.  Its what got me into studying Engineering and now I love that view in the sim.