Sign in to follow this  
Agrajag

Tool to pre-load add-ons? (FSLTL Injector too)

Okay, back into the hobby after my seemingly endless life distractions and this time around I'm quickly loading up an apps that need to be launched before the sim. Is there a nice tool that can manage these and take care of launching them and then the sim and then unload them when done?

What about something like the FSLTL injector that seems to need to be run by clicking on it from within the Fly By Wire installer (there must be a direct way to do it, but I haven't seen it yet.

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

MSFS Addon Linker has this capability. Can launch any executable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

You can also just put a shortcut to the FSLTL injector on your desktop or taskbar.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

6 hours ago, hs118 said:

MSFS Addon Linker has this capability. Can launch any executable.

Yes this, it's ability to auto open & close programs is great, probably saving myself 6 double clicks at least!

• Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Best way is just to write a batch file to do the job for you.  If you don't know how to do it, just download a batch file template from google and edit it to list the programs you want it to load.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

3 hours ago, cianpars said:

Best way is just to write a batch file to do the job for you.  If you don't know how to do it, just download a batch file template from google and edit it to list the programs you want it to load.

Out of curiosity, what makes this the "best way" - and specifically, how is it better than using the free Add-On Linker tool?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, roland_lfor said:

FSUIPC

What about it? It autoload with the sim for me as it's a plugin. 

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

You could also edit your exe.xml file and insert the app you want to be run together with MSFS. It's the way I do.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

22 minutes ago, edpatino said:

You could also edit your exe.xml file and insert the app you want to be run together with MSFS. It's the way I do.

That's pretty simple. Need to look into that. The only negative I can think of is would it shut down the apps on exit and you'd also lose the concept of "presets" for different setups (like not loading the injector when I'm heading onto VATSIM.

2 hours ago, PlumCrazy said:

Out of curiosity, what makes this the "best way" - and specifically, how is it better than using the free Add-On Linker tool?

Because not everyone uses or wants to use an addon linker

• Like 2

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Just now, cianpars said:

Because not everyone uses or wants to use an addon linker

My first instinctual response to the app was, "Wow, this is a bit much for what I'm looking to do", but after reading up on it, it is quite flexible.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Agrajag said:

My first instinctual response to the app was, "Wow, this is a bit much for what I'm looking to do", but after reading up on it, it is quite flexible.

Yes, very flexible. If you fly both online/offline or have different aircraft with different software required or just want a minimum environment sometimes.