Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

DPD

Anybody had issues with them, or is it just in my location?

Three times now, twice for me and once for my daughter, they haven't bothered to turn up to pick up a parcel on the assigned day. Frustrating when you stay in the entire day for nothing. 

No way of ringing them here either. And the tracking number doesn't work on the website. I've got back in touch with Novatech and told them they've not turned up. I'm guessing, like last time, the guy will just turn up randomly without a care in the world. 

They do take themselves and their quality of service very seriously and my experience with them is consistently good.
I would suggest that you write to them, pointing out what has happened, it is most likely just a rogue driver who is
treating the other customers on their run equally poorly.

Yeah, they were always great in the UK. I suspect its just a Guernsey thing.

Upon further investigation, seems there's  no specific DPD office here, its a freight company that handles their deliveries and collections for them.  After a bit of detective work I tracked down the freight company and gave them a ring, no reply.  Typical of Guernsey really, they are so laid back. They wouldn't last 5 minutes in the UK. 

Last time this happened, I was about to pay a significant amount for postage and send it myself, and he randomly turned up, something like 4 days late. 

Edited by martin-w

I've never had an issue with DPD, either when I was lived in London or now down on the south coast......Can't say the same for Nodel or Nevri though.

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

1 hour ago, martin-w said:

Yeah, they were always great in the UK. I suspect its just a Guernsey thing.

It sounds like the sub contractor. Unfortunately when things go wrong most companies will only deal with the original sender when returns are involved, because that is where the contract is. Novatech are very hot on customer service so I'm sure they will follow it up, although Easter will delay that process. I've found in this area the DPD service is generally better than the other delivery companies, I haven't used them for collections, but they have been particularly good in communicating about delivery times.

Edited by Biggles2010

John B

1 hour ago, martin-w said:

I was about to pay a significant amount for postage and send it myself, and he randomly turned up, something like 4 days late. 

I am no more than someone who has been sent parcels via DPD, and I remember when they used to arrive, always late, in a rusty unmarked van, usually driven by a scarecrow.
These days, as already mentioned, they are a shining example, to the Post Office in particular, about how things should be done.
30 years too late, the Post office are trying to catch up, having missed the boat altogether.
Lamentably, they charge around four times the fee that other carriers do.

Edited by Reader

1 hour ago, Biggles2010 said:

It sounds like the sub contractor. Unfortunately when things go wrong most companies will only deal with the original sender when returns are involved, because that is where the contract is. Novatech are very hot on customer service so I'm sure they will follow it up, although Easter will delay that process. I've found in this area the DPD service is generally better than the other delivery companies, I haven't used them for collections, but they have been particularly good in communicating about delivery times.

Yes, exactly. There's not much I can do regarding contacting DPD or their sub contactor and the collection number doesn't work on their website. Its in Novatech's hands. But Yes, Novatech are great. One of the best around in my opinion. Always helpful. The PSU was an EVGA, when I contacted them regarding an RMA they suggested I try Novatech first, otherwise it would cost a lot to ship it back to EVGA. Novatech responded rapidly and were happy to send a courier and deal with the RMA. And beraing in mind, the PSU was three years old. 

Edited by martin-w

1 hour ago, Reader said:

These days, as already mentioned, they are a shining example

In the UK I used to know the local DPD guy well, lovely guy, very friendly. No issues with delivery or collection.

Having said that, I did have one issue. I received a monitor that when I fired it up was shattered. On closer examination of the box there was a big boot mark in the Middle. Clearly somebody had trodden on it. That was via Scan, and they were a pain in the bum to deal with re the RMA. 

18 hours ago, Biggles2010 said:

Easter will delay that 

Now, this morning, if I hit further information it's jumped to next Tuesday, so after Easter.

As a contrast, here I received my new eScooter shipped via UPS yesterday instead of next Monday! Now that is fast service. I sold several items for the funds needed.

Yesterday before delivery of the item, I was on the front porch looking through a plastic bin when suddenly my left leg decided it was "tired" and folded up on me. As I tried to stop my fall, my ample fundament landed on the concrete, and momentum carried me off the porch to fall about three feet and faceplant...

...into a cushion of last year's leaves that had accumulated. It's a good thing I wasn't wearing glasses, as they would possibly have broken. My neck is rather sore and kept me up most of the night. Thankfully my back ache did go away, so there's that!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

37 minutes ago, n4gix said:

My neck is rather sore and kept me up most of the night. Thankfully my back ache did go away, so there's that!

Sorry to here that. Take it easy for a bit untill you recover.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, n4gix said:

I was on the front porch looking through a plastic bin when suddenly my left leg decided it was "tired" and folded up on me.

Sounds a lot like me Fr Bill.  That's why I walk with a cane outside.  On bad days I have a walker.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

36 minutes ago, birdguy said:

Sounds a lot like me Fr Bill.  That's why I walk with a cane outside.  On bad days I have a walker.

I actually have two rather nice walkers with large wheels and a fold-up seat should I have a sudden need to sit. They also have locking brakes with "motor cycle" levers. I keep one in the cottage and the other in the trunk of my car.

Neither of which would have helped a bit since I was bending over to rummage through the plastic tote box and I fell backwards landing on my tail and rolling off the edge. What I need is a railing installed so I cannot fall off the edge of the porch! I'll talk to the landlady about that.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Garghhhhhhh!!!!!! 😡

DPD didn't turn up AGAIN!!!

On 4/9/2023 at 11:44 AM, n4gix said:

What I need is a railing installed so I cannot fall off the edge of the porch! I'll talk to the landlady about that.

Fr Bill, ask her to install handholds in the shower and next to the toilet.  I have two, one each on opposite walls of the walk-in shower.  Makes it a lot easier to shower.

The time Betty had to call the EMTs was when I was getting off the toilet and fell and got wedged between the toilet and the clothes hamper.  I could hardly move and an 80+ year old woman couldn't budge me.

The place I am going has a hand rail around the inside of the walk-in shower.

Noel

• Upvote 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.