Sign in to follow this  
dmarques69

4k TV with a 4070 ti poor performance

11 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

What is your terrain LOD setting?

With your 8700K you shouldn't go much higher than 100 with an airliner at a large airport.

Your 4070TI doesn't help when your CPU is the bottleneck.

I run an 8700K with a 1080TI and everything is smooth in the Fenix, with TLOD 100. 

Hello, can you tell me or message me what your settings are with the 8700L & 1080TI? I have the same setup and also run the Fenix. With TLOD 80-100 on the ground and up to 200 in the air. I'm using a dynamic lod tool which increases the TLOD automaticlly based on altitude and also decreases it on decent, works great. Still the Fenix is more cpu heavy for me then the PMDG. So i'm wondering what your settings are and what resolution you are running / nvcp / frame limit? 🙂 Kind regards.

1 hour ago, Eef said:

Hello, can you tell me or message me what your settings are with the 8700L & 1080TI? I have the same setup and also run the Fenix. With TLOD 80-100 on the ground and up to 200 in the air.

These are my settings:

Graphics:

Full Screen Resolution 3840X2160

Render Scaling 80

V-Sync On

Low Latency ON

Frame Rate Limit 50% (My TV is set to 50 hz so my FPS is limited to 25)

DX11

TLOD 100

Vector data to Trees Ultra

Grass and Bushes Medium

OLOD 100

Vol. Clouds High

Texture Res. Ultra

Anisotropic Filtering 16x

Texture Supersampling 8x8

Texture Synthesis Ultra

Shadow Maps 1024

Terrain Shadows 512

Windshield effects High

The rest is medium or low

Traffic:

Aircraft Traffic Off (I use PSXT for traffic.)

Airport Life: all off

Land and sea traffic: all 25 %

In NVCP I only set Maximum Performance and Low Latency Ultra.

Still the Fenix is more cpu heavy for me then the PMDG.

Same here, about 10%, but still holds 25 FPS most of the time except for mega airports.

I'm using a dynamic lod tool which increases the TLOD automaticlly based on altitude and also decreases it on decent, works great.

What tool is that and where can I get it, please?!

Edited by RALF9636

58 minutes ago, altenae said:

If your 4K TV is 60HZ and does not have gsync etc. then set max framerates in Nvidia on 60 or 30 and also enable vertical sync. 

And FG on of course in the game. 

When you have fps other then 30 or 60 there will be frame drops all over the place because they wil not fit in the refresh rate.  

Thats the reason why gsync monitors etc exists!!  So many people forget about that. 

So try:

Frame generation on

In Nvidia settings max framerate 30 or 60

Use 60 if 60 fps can be produced most of the time. If not then 30. 

Vsync on (not in the game that does not work correctly)

Why doesn't the in game v-sync work correctly?

Do you use nvidia control panel to set it or RTSS or something else?

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

21 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

These are my settings:

In NVCP I only set Maximum Performance and Low Latency Ultra.

Same here, about 10%, but still holds 25 FPS most of the time except for mega airports.

What tool is that and where can I get it, please?!

Thanks for your reply and settings, will try. I can set my tv also to 50hz, didnt tried that yet :). What is your screen resolution?

In the fenix tool do you run it on cpu, gpu or igpu? balanced?

This is the tool: https://github.com/muumimorko/MSFS_AdaptiveLOD . Someone created it last year. When dynamic lod is set to adjust in real time to fps I also found it created stutters, but not with the altitude table, need more testing though. Hopefully some real good solution is coming some day.

It looks like this:

spacer.png

Edited by Eef
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bunchy said:

Why doesn't the in game v-sync work correctly?

Do you use nvidia control panel to set it or RTSS or something else?

Stu

FG in the game. 

All others in Nvidia control panel. 

stopped using RTSS. 

It's butter smooth 

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

28 minutes ago, Eef said:

Thanks for your reply and settings, will try. I can set my tv also to 50hz, didnt tried that yet :). What is your screen resolution?

Sorry, I forgot that. It's 4K

In the fenix tool do you run it on cpu, gpu or igpu? balanced?

IGPU, balanced.

This is the tool: https://github.com/muumimorko/MSFS_AdaptiveLOD . Someone created it last year. When dynamic lod is set to adjust in real time to fps I also found it created stutters, but not with the altitude table, need more testing though. Hopefully some real good solution is coming some day.

Sounds interesting, thanks. Will give it a try. 

11 hours ago, iFlySimX said:

Really, all stutters are gone? I have an i9-9900k with my 3080 and I get stutters...

Virtually. Sometimes I get a stutter when larger airports load in, or photogrammetry. My terrain LOD is 150.

I also believe (hope) that running the companion apps on different threads helps in this respect. 

Running at 4k, DX11, DLSS quality. Most settings ultra except grass and trees. Road traffic off. 

7 hours ago, altenae said:

FG in the game. 

All others in Nvidia control panel. 

stopped using RTSS. 

It's butter smooth 

I'm on a 3090, so FG not an option for me

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

1 hour ago, Bunchy said:

I'm on a 3090, so FG not an option for me

Sorry but the topic starter was about : 4k TV with a 4070 ti poor performance

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

On 4/15/2023 at 6:10 AM, ryanbatc said:

You're certain FG is enabled?

You must enable HAGS

You need to be using DX12 in MSFS

And you need to go to Nvidia Control Panel and set Max frame rate to something up high... like I set mine to 143 because my monitor hz is 144.

Sorry for bothering: I have a gsync monitor 144hz, do I need to set max frame rate even with a gsync monitor?

thanks

13 hours ago, altenae said:

Sorry but the topic starter was about : 4k TV with a 4070 ti poor performance

oooooo, alright, grumpy. Wind your neck in.

43 minutes ago, Bunchy said:

oooooo, alright, grumpy. Wind your neck in.

I am not Grumpy 

I am helping someone who has a 4070TI. 

I told him to use FG then you replied me "I  can't do that I have a 3090" 

But my input was for the topic starter!!!

I am done with replies like you. 

Edited by altenae

49 minutes ago, stesma54 said:

Sorry for bothering: I have a gsync monitor 144hz, do I need to set max frame rate even with a gsync monitor?

thanks

No that is not needed your monitors refresh rate will adapt to given refreshrate (FPS).  

G-SYNC: synchronizing display refresh rates to the GPU in your GeForce GTX-powered PC, eliminating screen tearing and minimizing display stutter and input lag.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, altenae said:

No that is not needed your monitors refresh rate will adapt to given refreshrate (FPS).  

G-SYNC: synchronizing display refresh rates to the GPU in your GeForce GTX-powered PC, eliminating screen tearing and minimizing display stutter and input lag.

Thank you👍