Sign in to follow this  
jagabom

DHC Twin Otter

Looking for a Twin Otter.  The one at Simmarket doesn't say whether it works with Win 10 just Win 8 and older versions.  Anyone know if it works or is there another one?

https://secure.simmarket.com/aerosoft-dhc-6-twin-otter-extended-(download)-p3dv2.phtml

Thanks

Jim

CYWG

Edited by jagabom

I had this one running in P3Dv4 on Windows 10 with no issues.

Edited by hs118

Thanks for the replies.  Will check them out.

Jim

CYWG

• Like 1

Had it running in P3D V5 just dandy. If I remember during install you select P3D V4.x and point the installer to the P3D directory. 

6 hours ago, jagabom said:

Looking for a Twin Otter.  The one at Simmarket doesn't say whether it works with Win 10 just Win 8 and older versions.
 Anyone know if it works or is there another one?

This is the definitive Twin Otter for FSX and P3D.
The text is of its time, when the current Windows version was 8.
FSX and P3D aircraft are made to be compatible with flight simulators, not operating systems,
so if the simulator is working in your Windows version, the aircraft does too.

Here it is, for example, in P3D v5 working under Windows 11:
3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by Reader
  • Like 1

Lots of good repaints for this one too. You can't remove the yoke but gauge visibility is not a problem. One of Aerosoft's best.

On 4/19/2023 at 6:42 AM, Reader said:

This is the definitive Twin Otter for FSX and P3D.
The text is of its time, when the current Windows version was 8.
FSX and P3D aircraft are made to be compatible with flight simulators, not operating systems,
so if the simulator is working in your Windows version, the aircraft does too.

Here it is, for example, in P3D v5 working under Windows 11:

Hey Reader-

I was looking at your pics and description of this. I’m on the latest version of P3D and had one last question. Does everything work when installing into V5 or almost everything? 😀

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Images in quoted post removed.

Yes the Twin Otter is a great plane in P3D.

I had it originally in FSX-SE, but couldn't really get into it, what with FSX-SE being 32 bit it was just too limiting to enjoy the plane.

But hey, P3D in 64bit makes it completely different and is great to fly.

I originally had some issues with CTD due to a sound dll (ASC.DLL) but that Matthis dude pointed in the direction for the updated dll and it's been fine since.

I even just recently added a new gauge and lua script to configure icing and freezing rain affecting the control surfaces and makes it quite the difference, you really want to avoid flying through such conditions now as the control surfaces will gradually freeze up and you'll loose control.

Cheers

Edited by Rogen

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Those shots of Everest from the link are excellent. Your sim always looks so good. I'm still working on mine.

Finally resolved a GPU heat issue yesterday so I can now get back to experimenting with shaders and ASCA etc. I found one of your links yesterday regarding GPU/CPU intensive tasks that I'm going to give a try today.

Cheers,

Mark

Just installed the Otter.

Geez, I thought Milviz was the bad dog on the block when it came to DHCs.
Can't believe this ac is as old as it is. Goes to show that great effort transcends time.

Lookin' forward to traveling up into the wild NW!