Sign in to follow this  
JYW

ATR - No key shortcuts at all (not even the heading bug?)

Hey ATR flyers,

Just bought the bird and, although I haven't flown it yet, I am mightily impressed with the visuals and audio!

Just one alarm going off for me - have others found that not a single AP key shortcut works with this plane?   I know a number of planes that have custom APs will not use the standard key shortcuts, and I can live with that.  In fact there's only one set of shortcuts that I personally cannot live with, and that's the heading bug.   I've never come across a single plane in any MS simulator - since the Airsimmer A320 in 2009 - where the key shortcuts for the heading bug - and + do not work ...... until now. 

I'll be gutted if this is not addressed, as I just cannot enjoy any aircraft where I am fiddling with the mouse every time I wish to turn the heading bug.

I'm sure (read: absolutely praying) there will be a AAO script out soon for all functions, but I'm astonished absolutely no FD / AP functions work with shortcuts;  not the modes, not the altitude, not the VS, and not even the heading bug.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I am having the same results with the exception of my course dial, it is the only one working for me so far. Honeycomb bravo throttles...

• Like 1

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

13 minutes ago, Daytona125 said:

I am having the same results with the exception of my course dial, it is the only one working for me so far. Honeycomb bravo throttles...

Would you mind to share your course binding for bravo? I could never figure out how to bind course!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

It is very annoying that (fortunatele very few) developers do not leave these essential function keys at their ingame mappings (heading, course, vertical speed, altitide up and down etc.).

• Like 2

If some use AAO, then they can use my scripts now:

MS ATR StreamDeck XL & PLUS profile and AAO Scripts and MCP Combo II Template for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

Just an alpha version, but autopilot is covered and Fuel Condition levers and som other small items.

• Like 7

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 hours ago, guenseli said:

MS ATR StreamDeck XL & PLUS profile and AAO Scripts and MCP Combo II Template for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

Just an alpha version, but autopilot is covered and Fuel Condition levers and som other small items.

@guenseli - Not for the first time, you have no idea how much your skill and work has made my day / weekend!

Thank you so much.

• Like 1

Bill

Developers are merely lazy if they write control assignments in a language other than MSFS 2020 understands.  I mean they are writing for MSFS 2020 aren't they???  I hate the idea of needing AAO or Spad to use the AP functions of my Bravo Throttle.  Hated when the WT CJ-4 required mouse input for AP functions, and was thrilled when the CJ-4 went default and was totally usable with the Bravo. I'll shelve the ATR until that changes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, guenseli said:

Hey again @guenseli

Just to note that - for me - the Heading Bug Dec and Inc, and the Heading Bug Sync functions in the AAO script are not working.  

All other functions in the script work great (Nav, Hdg, IAS, VS, Alt Dec/Alt Inc, etc).

Cheers.

• Like 1

Bill

8 hours ago, James Callan said:

Developers are merely lazy if they write control assignments in a language other than MSFS 2020 understands.  I mean they are writing for MSFS 2020 aren't they???

It is not always that simple. For example, the default control binding for the master battery switch does not work for the Cessna 414. The reason is the C414 has a switch bar that turns off the master battery switch and two alternator switches all at the same time. And if the bar is in the off position, when you turn on the master battery switch (or one of the alternator switches) if also moves the bar to the on position. So in the interest of realism custom coding is required for the master battery and the alternator switches since the "master bar" is involved with the operation of the switches.

In my limited experience most developers want to make their products amenable to default bindings when reasonably possible if for no other reason than it helps sales. And using standard sim control events that respond to the default bindings is usually the easier way to go. So in most cases if a default control binding does not work, in my opinion it is rarely because the developer is lazy. 

And no, I'm not a developer, but I do know a few. 🙂

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, JYW said:

the Heading Bug Dec and Inc, and the Heading Bug Sync functions in the AAO script are not working. 

Point 3 of my ATTENTION! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!!! list 😉

Guenter Steiner

1 hour ago, guenseli said:

Point 3 of my ATTENTION! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!!! list 😉

Thank you very much for the profile. One question: When you do the PWR MGT TO CLB command, do you also see the underneath lying switch „flickering“, as in like literally moving like a stranded fish? That happens to me, but only with the command. When I use the mouse as normal, it does not „flicker“.

• Like 1

I have seen it during my research how that knob works.

But with my script it is working now.

Do you use my script and see it?

Guenter Steiner

1 hour ago, guenseli said:

I have seen it during my research how that knob works.

But with my script it is working now.

Do you use my script and see it?

Yes. It's only visual, because the setting sticks systems-wise, but it looks really annoying. When I click on the switch (to "unlock" it) you can see that eng2 sticks on CLB, but the eng1 switch goes back to the previous position. So it seems like eng1 is not really getting set by the script, which would explain the "flickering" (since the eng1 switch "tries" to go back to its previous state)
You do not set PWRMGT_1 in your script, what is the reason for that? And what does that OUTERSTATE part do?

Edited by Fiorentoni

So, again, you try your own script?

Does it happen with my script???

What outerstate is finally doing I do not know.
I have fiddled around with that %&%$§%$ switch yesterday evening for about 1,5h  tried every combination until it finally works now

Guenter Steiner