Sign in to follow this  
MatthiasKNU

Photosceneries and Autogen for the P3D-World

On 5/5/2023 at 12:44 PM, MatthiasKNU said:

Dear friends who are all still happy with P3D!

Today I just wanted to introduce you to my work of the last few years - yes, years.
Some time ago I even created a thread here - somewhere - but I can't find it anymore... 🤐

First of all the following:
I'm not the type who likes to advertise his stuff.
The reason for the post here is actually that I was told again and again (actually, also more than years now...) that I should do more advertising.
For example here, because there are still many P3D fans active here who might be interested...

That's why I'm just going to do that now!

So, what have I done?
Well, what many others have already done - created photosceneries. With autogen, of course!

Very briefly, how does one get the idea to create photosceneries?
Well, back then, nearly 10 years ago (remember the time back then, that was before ORBX released something like TE Netherlands!), I wanted to enhance the approach area for my home airport EDDM a bit.
After a lot of reading, trying, deleting and trying again, I had created an area that covered about 40x20 km around Munich Airport.
Everything was created completely manually, every autogen building was placed by hand.
Many people were enthusiastic about it at the time and asked if I could create something like that for XYZ airport .
And yes, in fact I wanted to do that.

Shortly after, I visited Namibia (and that was really great!).
But I didn't like the flights in the sim (remember, at that time there was no openLC Africa!).
And that's when I had the idea to create a photorealistic Africa. It was a huge project, I never thought I could finish.
I have to say the following about this:
I was in my geography bachelor studies at the time. And an important part of it is, of course, the use of GIS software.
I wanted to combine this so that the creation of the sceneries would be easier.

And that's what I did, and created all of Africa photorealistically - in high quality and with accurate autogen.
After I had 800 GB of photosceneries for Africa, I thought - why not other regions?

In the meantime, a lot has happened here. I now use Sentinel-2 and Landsat-8 OLI data to detect vegetation, which I refine with vector data, including OSM.
For buildings, I have chosen an AI approach, so that I can also extract building footprints from the RGB images using a convolutional neural network (with the restriction that it only really works well in Africa, as I have trained the model here).
Therefore, in the meantime there are more than 10 Python scripts á 1000-5000 lines of code with which I can create my sceneries - semi-automatically.

In the meantime, I have created all of Europe and Africa, and I am working on South America.
The server storage space is still a problem.
Due to the increased costs, I had to remove Central Africa and all my Asian sceneries from the server - even though I am working on making everything available again.

So, a lot of text...

It's probably best if I just show pictures - across the world, so to speak.

Athens
2022-4-11_7-54-6-960jej0r.png

Marrakech
2022-6-10_17-58-7-774ftjo5.png

El Oued
2022-6-16_17-58-46-16kykb4.png

Algiers
2022-6-16_17-53-55-12ook89.png

Cape Town
2022-8-27_19-9-42-6145qc3e.png

Ouagadougou
2022-9-17_17-17-45-21esed7.png

Somewhere in Ghana
2022-9-20_17-28-8-320r8i0z.png

Somewhere in Sierra Leone
2022-9-29_8-6-56-230p5dew.png

Bulgaria
bulgariak9e1a.png

Currently working on Brazil
2023-4-23_8-40-53-610v6f2i.png

France
2021-11-30_17-18-6-30wmk08.png

Frankfurt
2022-1-29_17-58-8-117wskt3.png

Serbia
2022-2-23_16-38-30-913gkud.png

Tirana
2022-3-12_8-17-49-906qhjqo.png

Naples
2022-4-20_16-52-32-1965j1f.png

Poland
2021-11-29_7-59-1-779p0jru.png

Germany
2020-12-20_17-48-1-99j4kgh.png

Namibia
2020-4-25_8-28-38-979tjje5.jpg

In the meantime, my sceneries - of course! - also come with comprehensive night lighting.

Furthermore - and I think this is not unimportant:
How big are the sceneries?
Well, I have installed a 4 TB HDD for my sceneries (whole Europe, Africa, half of South America, part of Asia, altogether approx. 60 million km²), on which approx. 2.7 TB are occupied.

A lot of information - including a current overview map - can also be found HERE and HERE.

For questions regarding the download, please write me a private message (preferably in the FSXForum or at FSDeveloper)!

Now, in conclusion, I have no other option but to wish you all a wonderful weekend!

Hello, this looks impressive. I have a question because the module is described in the description on your website, you can get autogen without photoscenery. I would be very interested only in autogen for Poland - by the way, are your additions in P3D v45? How can I get the opportunity to download your autogen for Poland?

Best regards

Grzegorz

On 11/27/2023 at 1:51 PM, MatthiasKNU said:
The next one will be...

Sounds like the "Where in the world" feature in Flightsim.com 😂

Looking forward to it!

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

On 11/29/2023 at 10:11 PM, Grzegorz said:

Hello, this looks impressive. I have a question because the module is described in the description on your website, you can get autogen without photoscenery. I would be very interested only in autogen for Poland - by the way, are your additions in P3D v45? How can I get the opportunity to download your autogen for Poland?

Best regards

Grzegorz

Hi!

I already answered you at FSDevelopers...

Kind regards, Matthias
My System: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080S, Win11 Pro, MSFS+Prepar3Dv5.3
My photosceneries at the FSXForum and FSDeveloper

A32X_Cockpit.pngbanner_onboard1pfhr.png

Dear all

unfortunately it is no longer possible to upload pictures to abload.de, so I can neither show pictures nor update my overview map today. Sorry!
So it's a bit dry now:
Africa is complete again, Equatorial Guinea, eSwatini, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia and Zimbabwe are finished.
A little further to the north-east, Saudi Arabia and Yemen have been added.

Pictures will follow as soon as abload.de accepts uploads again. (Hopefully soon.)

Otherwise, as always, more information here:
https://www.fsxforum.de/viewtopic.php?p=202088

Please note that the overview map is not up to date, for possible changes please check the updates at the bottom - these are current.

Have a nice pre-Christmas time and a nice weekend!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kind regards, Matthias
My System: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080S, Win11 Pro, MSFS+Prepar3Dv5.3

Dear all,

Now I can finally show you the pictures I promised!

Let's start on the west coast of Africa with Equatorial Guinea:
jTipsAk.png

vxn2BUb.jpg

EDnfwv5.jpg

Further south, with eSwatini:
PbGVSAo.jpg

9h7UI8z.jpg

X3JP1g8.jpg

... and Lesotho:
w6fnKfu.jpg

zTgRdsj.jpg

izKrst8.jpg

Further north we come to Zimbabwe:
CG7YxMj.jpg

WSJg42k.jpg

r3nLD8O.jpg

And to the north is Zambia:
SCX6iBM.jpg

DI0pOVI.jpg

kZ3j4zm.jpg

To the east we find the small, poor but actually beautiful Malawi:
3QAv6gw.jpg

quMgViQ.jpg

Mnx5Vdo.jpg

And Mozambique is not far away either:
UOPqIiQ.png

beT18x2.png

myNm8Dl.jpg

Madagascar can be found off the east coast of Africa:
C5dq3Do.jpg

yL0X7s8.jpg

9HkkgcF.jpg

And that's Africa finished!
We continue with 2 countries on the Arabian Peninsula, which close the gap here:
Firstly, Yemen:
0VEk6A8.jpg

v9bxqUs.png

8S1Qmn3.jpg

And the big wide country of Saudi Arabia!
ZOCtwea.jpg

7j0Ux85.jpg

cfqs192.png

VKJOVKQ.jpg

And that's it for now!

As always, you can find more information and the updated overview map here:
https://www.fsxforum.de/viewtopic.php?t=19503

For everything else, please write a private message as usual!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kind regards, Matthias

Edited by MatthiasKNU

Kind regards, Matthias

Another brief sign of life from me and a little insight into what I'm currently working on:

7xx94ien.png

28u2c2je.png

6u93wva3.png

• Like 6

Kind regards, Matthias

I don't know where are those sceneries, but they look beautiful!

Best regards,

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Dear all,

It's been quiet again for a few months.
But I've finished a few countries again - 12 to be precise!

But I would like to start today with something very important, namely an apology!

I had also expressed my initial suspicions here, and after a very nice e-mail communication with FC Scenery, all suspicions were more than dispelled.
My suspicion was simply based on various coincidences, such as the use of the same software and data sources and the coincidence of releases. But my suspicions were unjustified!
It is therefore only fair that I apologise to the FC Scenery team!

But now to the news!

I would like to start in the south-west, with the Kingdom of Jordan!
8qw8u3cb.png

rqt8b9zx.png

z34z9msv.png

We continue a little further north, with Lebanon:
s7du9cff.png

k9dgdabk.png

5ke8fpei.png

The next country in this region is Syria:
knpohtpy.png

f26qnasm.png

gutpbpey.png

Now we're going a bit eastwards, namely to Iraq:
2wwlnic9.png

9nbemti4.png

w9pfsuup.png

And the big neighbouring country, Iran:
x75p5jan.png

bx6v334i.png

wq3x8son.png

Further north are the Caucasus states, such as Armenia...:
me2fc4vl.png

53zbl4hh.png

mvofu2te.png

... or Azerbaijan on the Caspian Sea:
ql6hptxi.png

owzhiz38.png

gif778k6.png

On the other side of the Caspian Sea we come to Turkmenistan:
kw5pawl9.png

npt3vnsg.png

vyjhzvce.png

Uzbekistan lies in the immediate neighbourhood:
p85ezbwk.png

8n3zvuna.png

tlyg9um3.png

... and even a small country like Kyrgyzstan is not far away:
lfccw5bt.png

tm4gx44k.png

imxcw8y8.png

Tajikistan lies to the south:
8l6tnyco.png

2loln6io.png

4mrfmi8k.png

And finally, a big, well-known country: Afghanistan!
e5nhw5d5.png

rgc37rad.png

9xyg4g9j.png

Sooo, and that's it for the 12 countries!

As always, you can find an overview map of my sceneries here:

For everything else, please write a private message as always!

Have a nice weekend everyone!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Kind regards, Matthias

Looks really good Matthias! 🤩

• Like 1

i7 13700K @ 5.3 ghz / DeepCool AK620 Cooler / MSI Z790 Tomahawk WiFi / 32GB Trident DDR5 RAM @ 7200 mhz / 24GB Gainward 3090 Geforce RTX  / 2 TB SSD WD Black SN850X NVMe / 1 TB SSD Samsung 990 Pro series / 2 TB SSD Samsung 980 Pro Series / 500 gb and 250 gb SSD Samsung Evo 850 / RM1000W Corsair PSU

Dear all,

Just in time for Easter, I've got another big batch of scenery for you.
This time I've mainly been travelling in southern Asia.

But let's start with the Arabian Peninsula, where two countries are still outstanding.

First of all Kuwait:
g286fhpi.png

p42d3ry9.png

53hyd2nv.png

... and Qatar:
c3wuragu.png

8mgstvjz.png

hfvw7yh7.png

Then we move on to the country that borders Iran and Afghanistan: Pakistan!
eaz75mrx.png

dn3aenjq.png

obn3qayy.png

bor3v6v8.png

And then comes my highlight for today...
Probably the most complicated scenery I've ever built.

India!

More than 1 billion (!) buildings have been placed.

y854wpe8.png

r8huez7g.png

w4opic72.png

ytegr3t5.png

s3bacfv3.png

7bdel5km.png

To the north is Nepal, with its fantastic mountain airfields:
psovvwlv.png

m745mqj7.png

4o2yc692.png

And of course Bhutan is not to be missed!
p28wq2qm.png

f3f4zjmb.png

ntpqmcn7.png

In the south of India lies the island of Sri Lanka:
5fjqttrj.png

7s6z8l5n.png

d3k24gut.png

And finally, Bangladesh:
43denhnm.png

pvxldozj.png

l3yjtmdp.png

As always, you can find all the information here:

Otherwise - please write me a private message, as always! 🙂

But there is one thing I would like to get rid of in any case:
At the moment I assume that these were the last sceneries I created for the P3D world.

Even I now use the MSFS 99% of the time, and with the release of a long-haul aircraft for the MSFS, the 99 % will certainly become 100 %.
At the same time, I can also see that interest in my sceneries has really, really declined over the last year. Whereas about a year ago I was answering up to 10 PMs a day, now it's maybe 1-2 a week. 

So - from my side, a very, very big THANK YOU to all of you for all your support!

Nevertheless - nothing is set in stone yet, and the servers will continue to run for the time being.

I wish you all a wonderful Easter!

• Like 9

Kind regards, Matthias

Danke, Matthias! I have a similar reasoning, and I'm also waiting for the 777 😂

Anyway, you've got a PM at FSDeveloper.

Best regards,