Sign in to follow this  
btacon

Flying the WT AAU2 747-8

7 minutes ago, Noel said:

I'm interested in the 787 and use HD's mod for now.  When will we see the WT updates to the 787 if you will?

Huh?

• Like 1

No wrong. 

1.) WT releases a beta of a set of avionics
2.) Someone starts to compare it to PMDG and says it feels the same.
3.) Some guys have serious concerns about this ridiculous statement of the OP. 

VNAV step climb 35.000 to 37.000 with a V/S of 6000ft on a 11h longhaul does not feel the same like a PMDG. 

Edited by Ponymetzger
  • Upvote 3

Given the talent of the WT guys, I can see PMDG getting a little nervous......😁

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Noel said:

I'm interested in the 787 and use HD's mod for now.  When will we see the WT updates to the 787 if you will?

If you're willing to join the beta, it's available right now. The stable release of AAU2 is currently planned for June 23.

A good summary by Matt about the level of fidelity they're aiming for, and some comments about bugs can be seen here: 

Edited by pstrub
  • Like 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

16 minutes ago, Ponymetzger said:

No wrong. 

1.) WT releases a beta of a set of avionics
2.) Someone starts to compare it to PMDG and says it feels the same.
3.) Some guys have serious concerns about this ridiculous statement of the OP. 

No, you assumed incorrectly that the OP was comparing it to the PMDG 747.  No need to feel this weird insecurity about one dev's work vs another. 

On a general note, it is not out of the realm of possibility that some MSFS users who've been craving for well simulated modern long haulers will be more than satisfied with the AAU2 747/787 such that even when/if a future QW 787 and PMDG 747 aircraft release, they'd not purchase those. Such is the flight simming market, and being the *only* option at a given time is very different from having many. I like that the default sim fidelity is being increased a lot by MS/Asobo/WT, and that there are new blood 3rd party devs who're producing high fidelity/quality options worthy of the new MSFS platform.  All this just forces any 3rd party dev to produce such quality if they hope to have good sales... ultimately it's all goodness for the end-user.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

16 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

No, you assumed incorrectly that the OP was comparing it to the PMDG 747.  No need to feel this weird insecurity about one dev's work vs another. 

Sorry, but come on. We all know that he meant the PMDG or do we have another 748? 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, btacon said:

remember another “functioning” 747-8 from another simulator.

So the 748 is the 747-400 ? Nice. didn't know that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LRBS said:
I acknowledge that there has been a significant miscommunication, and I apologize for any misunderstandings that may have occurred. While I am willing to provide any assistance I can based on my availability, I do not feel comfortable doing so in this toxic environment. I suggest communicating through a private message and continuing the conversation via private email if feasible.

I've asked before and I'll ask again with regard to this thread. Why do you want to pretend that you are back at work?

34 minutes ago, btacon said:

For such a smart guy you sure are dumb.

Let's avoid name-calling and be respectful toward others. It might be helpful to take a break from the keyboard and remember to use good manners.

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

22 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I've asked before and I'll ask again with regard to this thread. Why do you want to pretend that you are back at work?

Can I be of any assistance to you?

3 minutes ago, LRBS said:

Let's avoid name-calling and be respectful toward others. It might be helpful to take a break from the keyboard and remember to use good manners.

Yeah, I still want to know your thoughts on this aircraft. It’s a shame if the tone of the conversation puts you off. The more type rated posters here, the better.

It’s actually quite civil around here most of the time! 🙂

Edited by OzWhitey
  • Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

4 minutes ago, LRBS said:

Can I be of any assistance to you?

No, not really. Unless you are kind enough to answer my question.

22 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Yeah, I still want to know your thoughts on this aircraft. It’s a shame if the tone of the conversation puts you off. The more type rated posters here, the better.

It’s actually quite civil around here most of the time! 🙂

At the moment, despite being in beta, this appears to be a promising platform. The team has acknowledged and is actively addressing any bugs that arise. However, I am confused about the concept of "civility" when members are resorting to name-calling.