Sign in to follow this  
pmb

AnyoneFly by Flight1 - Anyone?

The adventures once shared are in the Flight Adventures Cloud in the utility. They are not separate adventures loaded into MSFS missions. AnyoneFly has its own adventure system. You select them from the list and fly them directly (including shared flights).

More content will come as more learn the adventure system. Several adventures by users have already been uploaded.

Edited by Steve Halpern

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

2 hours ago, Steve Halpern said:

The adventures once shared are in the Flight Adventures Cloud in the utility. They are not separate adventures loaded into MSFS missions. AnyoneFly has its own adventure system. You select them from the list and fly them directly (including shared flights).

More content will come as more learn the adventure system. Several adventures by users have already been uploaded.

Is there any quality control for uploaded content? Quality categories? A rating system?

Will there be "premium" content continuously provided by Flight1? For free or as payware?

• Upvote 1

Flight1 does not have any plans to sell premium content. That would kind of be against the whole idea of the cloud and promoting folks to share their creations.

In regards to quality control, categories, ratings...

This is not yet implemented (except categories but we have not activated the filter mechanism yet until there is more content for it to be effective).

There could be more fields added to the shared content... upload date, author name, and ratings (we have that technology in our cloud). Again, this would happen more when there is more content. Now we are focused on the authoring system, the adventure engine, cloud engine, etc). This would also come with an expanded front end.

Regarding quality control... that is something we will have to monitor because the system is so new... so now we are monitoring uploaded content... and make suggestions to the author, and also see if there are any changes needed to make authoring better (we think it is pretty good now). So having admins approve/hide/tweak content is work in progress but obviously must be implemented to some degree. We mention some of this in the manual.

Edited by Steve Halpern
  • Like 2

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Hi all,

I’m contemplating spending some money on this. How is it developing as an add-on and is the community contributing adventures?

• Upvote 1

there is four or five hours of flight adventures not including quite a bit of re-fly potential. You can also use it to just fly around any spot and explore. In free fly mode the program basically points you in the direction of POI but you can make routes on the fly and save them for later or to flesh out for a bona fide adventure. Obviously it is best flying GA but they do have some room for use with airliners. There is only one community contribution that I see right now...I intend to add some as soon as I get the chance to dive more into the creator. It is a cool bit of code and I am sure the creators will add content. I have said before in this thread it is well worth the asking price but I would watch the videos carefully...if you are into what it does you won't be disappointed. If you are looking for career mode stuff get Neofly or one of the airline career apps.

• Upvote 1

On 5/16/2023 at 4:04 AM, Steve Halpern said:

It will always guide you to the intended waypoint and altitude... and you should not miss it.  There is a setting to auto-advance to the next waypoint (but that was rarely needed in testing). So you really could not get lost. The included adventures have different skill levels. For example, the Discover Appalachia adventure is more for general touring and history. Majestic Matterhorn has some altitudes you must pay attention to, but if you are low, you can make adjustments (fly in an S pattern to gain more time). However, in the default steam Cessna, you can clear everything without needing to take corrective action... but the margin is slimmer :-).

The directions you are hearing are 100% dynamic so it can fly you to any altitude and any heading, and turn you back on course. The engine allows you to put your own voice in the simulator/adventure. About 2 hours for all the recordings for the vocabulary, and however long your adventure dialog is. Those tools are included to record and format the recorded audio.

I think an important application of this program has been overlooked.

It can be used as a tutorial -- or a pseudo-copilot -- when flying an aircraft with a heavy workload.

So, by creating the adventure in a way that shows text, or plays an audio file at specific waypoints, you can teach (or remind yourself of) speeds, flap position etc. etc., when taking-off, flying a SID, flying a STAR/  ILS approach etc.

A different voice could also provide ATC instructions... useful if you dislike default ATC or are approaching an airport that doesn't have a conventional tower.

(An example is EGCK, where you contact RAF Valley when entering the Menai Straits or Snowdonia, request permission to land at Caernarfon; and once landed, you contact 'ground control' at Caernarfon, who tells you where to park.)

In fact its potential application is huge.

Just needs imagination.

There IS of course the issue of decent voices.

E.G. good voices like CereProc, are 20 bucks-odd...  each.

But you could use your own, or just text, or built-in free voices etc.

I'd also like to know how powerful the "Scenery Placement" feature is.

....Which also begs the question STEVE (!) ...   WILL we ever see the range of fantastic little apps we had in FSX: Instant Scenery Maker/ Airport Maker etc., for MSFS ?

ANYHOW I'm getting it ASAP while they're (basically) giving it away !

Edited by Gabe777
  • Upvote 1

On 5/27/2023 at 1:34 PM, Target71 said:

I am sure the creators will add content

New content is in the works! We have been improving the development tools over the last couple weeks.

On 6/2/2023 at 6:53 AM, Gabe777 said:

It can be used as a tutorial -- or a pseudo-copilot -- when flying an aircraft with a heavy workload.

Yes, that was the initial effort for the product when development started for P3D. In this case, you can set trigger points at not just the waypoint, but at steps before the waypoint. It is not super advanced... like "trigger x miles from y, after speed reduced below z". But for staged ATC it could work. It is not dynamic like FSHud of course. It would be more if you wanted to introduce someone to a choreographed/linear situation.

• Like 1

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software