Sign in to follow this  
pmb

AnyoneFly by Flight1 - Anyone?

Just tried the Appalachian adventure and was thoroughly entertained. Very nice and I'd love to see dozens more adventures added. They really are a lot of fun! 

Genuine interrogation. 

I read the quite verbose documentation, watched the Matterhorn vid (couldn’t go till the end though as I found the commentator’s smugness unbearable) and asked myself what do I get that I don’t have right now ? I often use Google Earth  and Wikipedia to prepare flights, I sometimes do flights that I find the idea in what I read. 

Doing the cooking is more fun than buying prepared food at your local supermarket . 

Do I miss anything ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

it  doesn't  appeal  to every one  just like  any other  addon thats out  there.

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

3 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Genuine interrogation. 

I read the quite verbose documentation, watched the Matterhorn vid (couldn’t go till the end though as I found the commentator’s smugness unbearable) and asked myself what do I get that I don’t have right now ? I often use Google Earth  and Wikipedia to prepare flights, I sometimes do flights that I find the idea in what I read. 

Doing the cooking is more fun than buying prepared food at your local supermarket . 

Do I miss anything ?

But that is what is cool, you can cook all you want...I am still digging through the documentation and haven't had much time yet but the prospect of creating my own content is exciting. If you don't like the presentation of the included flights, create your own...it's kind of the point. Again, horses for courses, but I am feeling good about the software.

• Like 1

Dominique, adventures are double-layered... or double layered + 0.5.

You have the audio adventures. If something does not strike your fancy, go into Settings and select "Mute Spoken Audio In Adventures".

Next, setup the TTS engine, and you will hear the adventure in any text to speech audio you setup.

Now, the 0.5 part is that you can turn off TTS and open the Geo window and fly with that only and you will get text prompts in the window, plus get the benefit of the pseudo flight director type indicator, get a few extra graphics (in Majestic Matterhorn), and still get all the information. Keep the Geo Window at the bottom left is what I recommend. So even in the 0.5 part you get something extra.

AnyoneFly has a lot of settings... and once dialed in you can experiment around with how you want to fly that day.

Edited by Steve Halpern
  • Like 1

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

11 hours ago, Steve Halpern said:

Maybe it is an ergonomic thing throwing some off. It could be changed.

In this picture, the box is simply a label, and does not activate. You press the Account Login button to open the next dialog to login. If this is what happened, maybe that gray box should say "Click Account Login below" instead of being blank. Your user name will show there if logged in..

spacer.png

In my case, clicking on the highlighted box would not do anything. No pop up window. Nothing.

What eventually worked is close the agent, AnyoneFly, run the Agent, make sure I'm logged in, then open AnyoneFly. Then it's as if I was automatically logged into AnyoneFly. Very strange.

Because the cloud uses the same account login, it is shared, so AnyoneFly would automatically work if logged in via the Agent. I am researching the highlighted box.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

7 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Genuine interrogation. 

Do I miss anything ?

Well, in your cooking analogy, sometimes I like to cook from scratch, and sometimes I like to go a restaurant and have a good meal without having to plan a meal, buy all the ingredients, and then do the cooking. 

You may not enjoy this if you really love the prepping, and since you're saying you already do a lot of prep, this probably isn't for you. 

51 minutes ago, Steve Halpern said:

Because the cloud uses the same account login, it is shared, so AnyoneFly would automatically work if logged in via the Agent. I am researching the highlighted box.

In my case it works. I have been logged in in my account from the Agent when I bought AnyoneFly and never logged out, thus I am still logged in in AnyoneFly.

Kind regards, Michael 

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

3 hours ago, Turpentine said:

In my case, clicking on the highlighted box would not do anything. No pop up window. Nothing.

What eventually worked is close the agent, AnyoneFly, run the Agent, make sure I'm logged in, then open AnyoneFly. Then it's as if I was automatically

This worked for me thanks for all your help, much appreciated.

• Like 1

I refreshed the current version with slightly different login logic. No need to re-download it and the version number was not even changed. Lets see what happens on any new purchases.

• Upvote 1

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

I uploaded my first adventure today, it is available amongst the ones that come with AnyoneFly. Still learning, so it's most certainly not perfect. It's about sight seeing in Slovenia, from the seaside LJPZ and through the mountains to Lake Bled and landing at LJBL. Both airports need to be installed first. Links provided, both are freeware. If anyone is willing, please let me know how it goes and what do you think. 

Jure

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just finished the Appalachian tour. I'd like to congratulate the developers for this tool, it really has great potential and is a clear "must buy" for anyone who has a discoverer streak. Loved the bluegrass music excerpt, great touch! Very much looking forward to my next flight.

Hi Jure,

It does not have to be perfect! I replied to your post over at SimForums with some tips. Even without that the adventure is fine!

3 hours ago, Turpentine said:

Loved the bluegrass music excerpt

It seemed to fit in quite nicely. It was the main music used in development of the adventure system.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

I'm not noticing any adventures (or missions, plans, etc) for this utility on the Flightsim.To website. Think that would be "THE" place to host any new material and expose other flightsimmers to this program and its capabilities.

Or should i be looking on the Flight1 forums?

TIA for any replies.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe