Sign in to follow this  
EnSnellHest

Simconnect connection failure

Hi there!

Last ~2 months I've had problems when trying to start FSLTL or AIG.

I've read that it might be due to too many apps trying to use the simconnect at the same time, but I only have FS Realistic running that the same time as when I try to start one of FSTLT/AIG

Once I restart the simulator it usually work,

Anyone having the same problem and know how to fix it?

Is there anyway to restart Simconnect while the simulator is up and running?

Cheers!

I have a feeling that this might be related to having too many objects in my community folder as if I cut it down a bit, I don't seem to get that simconnect error.

I also think GAIST can add to this issue due to the many objects within.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

For me, the problem sorted itself out.

Not sure why!

However, I joined the SU14-beta when the inibuilds a320 got released, and now the problem has acted up again.

I still dont have any solution to the problem though...

For me the problem got worse. I can't even connect once. I receive all the time message "Simconnect connection failed : ensure MSFS is open and loaded to or past the Main Menu, trying again in 30 seconds" I hope somebody can have the solution for this issue.

Getting the same problem. Cannot get FSLTL to work any longer.

Also, startiing MSFS2020 is taking much longer to load since SU14.

Getting little flying done since all time spent troubleshooting these problems

2 hours ago, topcat_1952 said:

Getting the same problem. Cannot get FSLTL to work any longer.

Also, startiing MSFS2020 is taking much longer to load since SU14.

Getting little flying done since all time spent troubleshooting these problems

I'm actually having similar issues.loading times have definatly increased with SU14 for me.

Also FSLTL keeps giving me the simconnect connection failed message.

Also weird is that some aircraft like the A310/MD-11 stop working.They work again after deleting the wasm compile files and then they work.

Been doubting to do a re-install/repair of MSFS but unsure if this would work.If anyone has any suggestions....

Steven Ghion

Belgian Virtual Tigers

tiger1m.jpg

Not sure if it is FSLTL or LNM that is causing the simconnect issues, but I've had the issue a number of times.  I just restart and it's fine.

As I said earlier, I thought it might initially have something to do with having too much scenery or too many objects loaded.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I tried removing the Orbx UK Mesh I recently bought, but that did not fix the issue. I'll try the MSFS restart as suggested above, but not holding my breath (besides, I don't look well in blue).

I hope MS/ASOBO will fix the long loading time soon. I hate getting older while waiting for the program to load. 😝

Yeah it sucks to restart the simulator every time.

I have issues with different aircrafts (PMDG/Fenix/FSS and so on) The aircraft spawns in, but I cannot use the throttles or power up the aircraft for example.

I hace to restart the sim, and then they work. Quite annoying though.

No idea what causes it.

5 hours ago, BelgianTiger_2 said:

I'm actually having similar issues.loading times have definatly increased with SU14 for me.

Also FSLTL keeps giving me the simconnect connection failed message.

Also weird is that some aircraft like the A310/MD-11 stop working.They work again after deleting the wasm compile files and then they work.

Been doubting to do a re-install/repair of MSFS but unsure if this would work.If anyone has any suggestions....

Where do you find the wasm compile files?

Further testing indicates the latest SU14 is causing MSFS to take longer to load. I renamed the Community folder thus loading the program with no add-ons. It still took longer to load than before SU14 even with my fully-loaded Community folder. 

Going to try FSLTL reloaded and see if the Simconnect issue still exists.

20 hours ago, EnSnellHest said:

I have issues with different aircrafts (PMDG/Fenix/FSS and so on) The aircraft spawns in, but I cannot use the throttles or power up the aircraft for example.

I had similar in the Longitude, although in my case it started OK, then stopped responding properly after 5 minutes.

Going back to the menu and restarting the flight seemed to sort it.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Recently I started getting this "Simconnect Fail" issue. Mind you I do use FSLTL, FSFO, GSX as well. May be a coincidence, I find when I start FSLTL concurrently with MSFS, After loading the sim, when I start FSFO I get the "Simconnect Fail" and GSX "Couatl" does not start. So I cannot use either app. But I thought I would try a different startup procedure last night. I started MSFS and waited for that to load, then I started FSLTL & FSFO. Everything Connected!, I "dunno", maybe a coicidence. I'll try again later though.

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

I get those same "Simconnect Fail " errors. I use GSX, FS2Crew RAAS, FS2Crew various copilots, PSXT, FSRealistic and sometimes SLC. I think they all use Simconnect but these errors didn't start until recently. I believe it was with SU14 but I'm not certain. Sometimes I get to fly but more often than not I get the error on one or more of those products.

• Like 1