Sign in to follow this  
jdk2

SP2 Post is Live

In fairness to this guy the relevance of his admittedly somewhat inflammatory comments depends on where you are in the upgrade merry go round. Folks with say 3 or 4 year old systems are probably going to upgrade soon anyway so no big deal. However others with say 12 to 18 month old systems and still in the DX9/XP world now face a considerable expense to get a 20% performance boost and a less than impressive graphics improvement.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest Dan G Martin

Hello I for one do like the work Phil and his team put into what I see the specular highlights on the water are much improved for one. And although some might disagree I even think that the "reflections" look much better(almost like ray tracing!) I guess it might me time to up upgrade my 7950gx2's to say 8800 gtx or maybe hold on until the socket 1207 phenoms are out so I could run 8 cores. Anyway I digress to Phil and all of you who put the time into this "add-on" thanks!Dan Martin Team Flight Ontario.

"In my 15 years of flying ifr 98% of the time(not vfr) I have done Sid/stars perhaps 15 times out of thousands of flights."Airliners make greater usage of Sids and Stars.Most of the time the don't fly them completely (especially the stars) , but they use them!Guy

Phil looking for info regarding the SDK update to sp2the only reference i came across was on your blog site ->''And then there is setup for SP2 and its associated SDK. So with Acceleration that is 4 setups our single setup developer has had to create for this fall. So that activity is not parallelizable.'' Could you elaborate on the following , will supplementation to the SDK be available on the RTM of Acceleration or elsewhere prior to the release of the free sp2 update ?As a Director of WestcoastATC.com and a member of Props in additionto a modeller in the late stages of a large project i would dearly love to have as much info as possible on VC shadows , material batching and catering to DX10 shaders.Thanks Chuck Jodry Dir R&D WestcoastATC.com & News editor at AvsimBTW Tony and Garry say hi

Yes, and SDK for Acceleration will be available before SP2.and SP2 will have an SDK for the 3rd parties who just want SDK updates and do not want to target Acceleration features.

Oh OK, hey you learn something everday. I will continue to do that (program in the entire flight plan). Thank's for the info!RH

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Good post Geofa,Reminded me of a commercial flight in Africa when we were about halfway down a major "fenced-in" runway (not a dirt strip) and had to do a pretty drastic brake and reverse thrust because of a herd of wildabeast crossing the runway. Yes animals can have a serious influence on piloting.Maybe this would be a good scenario to put in a mission. Random release of beasts and oliphants across the runway. How quickly can you respond for a stop or near miss takeoff.? Not a game - it can and does actually happen.Cheers WOZ

Phil,Can you please advise us the status of the sudden wind shift issue in SP2?Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest tmilton

>Reminded me of a commercial flight in Africa when we were>about halfway down a major "fenced-in" runway (not a dirt>strip) and had to do a pretty drastic brake and reverse thrust>because of a herd of wildabeast crossing the runway. Yes>animals can have a serious influence on piloting.Wow, I bet that was a 'beastly' experience!>Maybe this would be a good scenario to put in a mission.>Random release of beasts and oliphants across the runway. How>quickly can you respond for a stop or near miss takeoff.? Not>a game - it can and does actually happen.It certainly does happen! I really like the mission idea. How about how quickly you can take off before a herd of enraged charging pachyderms trashes your little Cessna? :-outta