Sign in to follow this  
Papacoach

V5.4 and FT eham incompatibility

I haven't updated to 5.4 personally but did read that someone with the same issue reinstalled the scenery which apparently fixed it.

i9-13900K | 6400MHz DDR5 (32GB) | GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | ViewSonic 27in QHD VA 165Hz Curved | Windows 10 |

MSFS Premium Deluxe | PMDG 737 | PMDG 777 | Horizon 787-9

Marc

13 hours ago, verbal said:

I haven't updated to 5.4 personally but did read that someone with the same issue reinstalled the scenery which apparently fixed it.

I did that and a few other things to troubleshoot prior to posting. But thanks for responding.

P3Dv5.4 / Win11: 22H2 / CPU: 10980K at 5.0GHz / Memory: 32Gb at 3600 MHz / GPU:  RTX 3090 / Display: Benq x3000i pj on Silver Ticket 110" screen

Tried reinstalling as well but that didn't solve the problem for me either.

Orman

I am testing 5.4 as soon as I can install EHAM to see if I suffer from the same problem...

PS:

spacer.png

Edited by Juliet Alpha

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

3 hours ago, Juliet Alpha said:

I am testing 5.4 as soon as I can install EHAM to see if I suffer from the same problem...

PS:

spacer.png

Really weird isn’t it? 

Orman

I have the same issue. Hope there will be a fix.

Tried installing previous version, same issue. Back to reinstalling the latest version, issue still there. Seems related to this file: "eham_ground_v5.bgl"

Edited by vhaaland

I forgot to mention that I only updated the P3D Client.

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

1 hour ago, Juliet Alpha said:

I forgot to mention that I only updated the P3D Client.

I did a complete install, so I don't think that matters

• Upvote 1

Hi,

I have another problem : the layers. I'm trying all possibilities, but hace not found the good one.
P3D 5.4 fresh install, with ORBX NL

Yhank's

for help

Yves from ELLX

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX

I managed to fix it.

Solution:  

1. Locate the eham_grd.lua file in \FlyTampa\Amsterdam\scripts and rename to .off (or delete it).
2. Replace with my eham_grd.lua file, available here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vkiu3r1hc4horyb/AACef_0mhafuy17u-k2XjBgca?dl=0
3. Enjoy. Long live P3D!

Evidently there has been a change in how P3D v5.4 processes .lua scripts. In the case of Flytampa Amsterdam V2 .lua scripts are used to load the various (seasonal) ground textures which was no longer occuring with the original .lua script. 

P.S. I will reach out to FlyTampa to share my findings. If someone could be so kind to share my solution here on the main FlyTampa thread
https://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36743

Edited by PinkPony
  • Like 14
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, PinkPony said:

If someone could be so kind to share my solution here on the main FlyTampa thread

Done

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

14 hours ago, PinkPony said:

I managed to fix it.

Solution:  

1. Locate the eham_grd.lua file in \FlyTampa\Amsterdam\scripts and rename to .off (or delete it).
2. Replace with my eham_grd.lua file, available here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vkiu3r1hc4horyb/AACef_0mhafuy17u-k2XjBgca?dl=0
3. Enjoy. Long live P3D!

Evidently there has been a change in how P3D v5.4 processes .lua scripts. In the case of Flytampa Amsterdam V2 .lua scripts are used to load the various (seasonal) ground textures which was no longer occuring with the original .lua script. 

P.S. I will reach out to FlyTampa to share my findings. If someone could be so kind to share my solution here on the main FlyTampa thread
https://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36743

Thanks a lot Sir