Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

RSG DA40NG?

Happened to be browsing the XA site today and found this DA40NG - never heard of it before.  Anyone use it?  Looks really nice for textures etc

https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/product_info.php/take-command-realsimgear-da40ng-p-234?osCsid=p6i27sbr6u31iti790kltoq8l5

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It was just released yesterday. So it might be a bit early for feedbacks. 

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Oh interesting so it is very new.  It does look really nice I'm just not flying XP12 very much.  But if I find a high end GA I might have to purchase.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

5 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Happened to be browsing the XA site today and found this DA40NG - never heard of it before.  Anyone use it?  Looks really nice for textures etc

https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/product_info.php/take-command-realsimgear-da40ng-p-234?osCsid=p6i27sbr6u31iti790kltoq8l5

First I'm sorry for my bad English. I am not an expert and I have not been able to test it much but it feels very good, a lot of details in the systems, the only downside is that it does not have a maintenance module like the sr22.

Since I bought the sr22 every day I fly less and less MFS and with this + autp ortho and true esarth I will surely be a season without touching the microsoft simulator.

Edited by Aglos77

I’ve been looking at this one as well. If it’s anything like the SR22 should be a solid addon.

ws5xzd-6.png
Johnny Green

CFII/SMEL
SF340B+

Will wait for a pure unedited review from Q8:

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

decided to make use of the 15% discount offer that ended yesterday.

I only fly in VR (Quest 2, 5800X3D, RTX3090, 32 Gb RAM)

First impression, not bad. Not extremely friendly on the FPS in my case. Where I get 30-40 FPS with a default plane I'll get about 20-30 with this one. just enough to be enjoyable (sofar only tested in LOWL -LOWS area with X-Europe v3, and auto-ortho)

Popup menus show up HUGE in my face in VR like other menu's.

Noticeable are high pitched sounds when landing. Perhaps they are real to life, i don't know .... but annoying nevertheless. The way light and shadows move around in the cockpit is the best i've seen in X-plane 12. Very immersive and detailed cockpit in VR.

10/10 according to above review. I don't know about that. Perhaps if I could increase performance a bit, somehow I'd be more willing to give it 9/10. For now 8/10

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

Thanks for your review.  IMO the fps issue is more of a LR base sim issue... as I have a powerful PC the fps aren't that great with mostly high settings.  The moment you start using addons it's much worse.  30 at the best is what I get in addon aircraft.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

10 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Thanks for your review.  IMO the fps issue is more of a LR base sim issue... as I have a powerful PC the fps aren't that great with mostly high settings.  The moment you start using addons it's much worse.  30 at the best is what I get in addon aircraft.

Yeah, same problem here. The Thranda aircraft will drop my framerates down to 20-30fps from 50+ due to the really high resolution textures.

Well at least we know Laminar are working on the performance, along side the bugs.

Problem is people have demanded these complex planes, so developers have to throw in a lot of extra code for all the demands, Comes at a cost, as always mentioned , nothing is free. So it comes down to efficient coding and Laminar improving xplanes efficiency

Edited by mjrhealth

Most FPS decreases in payware aircraft can be attributed to SASL eating up lots of CPU cycles, which can be attributed to some interaction quirk between LuaJIT (used by SASL and also xlua) and XP12. There's been some investigating going on, but apart from developers having to optimize their scripts during development (see Felis' contributions), no ultimate SASL-/xlua-level fix has been found yet: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/286627-sasl-3162/&page=3

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

14 hours ago, Bjoern said:

Most FPS decreases in payware aircraft can be attributed to SASL eating up lots of CPU cycles, which can be attributed to some interaction quirk between LuaJIT (used by SASL and also xlua) and XP12. There's been some investigating going on, but apart from developers having to optimize their scripts during development (see Felis' contributions), no ultimate SASL-/xlua-level fix has been found yet: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/286627-sasl-3162/&page=3

Interesting thanks, this could definitely explain it. I'm getting quite heavy drops even when outside the aircraft...This is why I prefer addons that don't need plugins or add fluff to the system (i.e. Sidebars etc). The vSkyLabs aircraft are great for this... minimal and just work.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tonywob said:

The vSkyLabs aircraft are great for this... minimal and just work.

Exactly. Another advantage: Easy to update in case the dev doesn't want to do it.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

The 2D panels are clearly not designed for use in VR as they open up exremely magnified. impossible to choose any setting because the menu is too close in your face. so forced to go to 2D back and forth for that.

this means i cannot enjoy the dynamic schematic panels. They would be interesting to use but again ... useless in VR

The engine visible under the hood is nice but nothing is animated when running. the belts or shafts do not move, only the prop on the front.

So, raising the bar for the other devs and the 10 out of 10 perfection according to q8's review .... really?

Don't get me wrong. it's a very nice add-on and flying with it is great .....but it's not 'perfect'.

Edited by avhpilot

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable