Hi

did my first flight with a HP Reverb G2 all fine. Now I wonder how to increase readabiliy? Also the TBM seemed smaller than in real?

Thanks for help

There's a World Scale adjustment in the VR (graphical) options, so if you're referring to cockpits altering that to suit will improve the visual size.

As for sharpness there's a billion different combinations and everyone's different, simply have a play with the settings yourself until you find the right balance between performance and readability.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I've found the following to be a good balance for my G2..

Setting the Render scale in the OXRT to 200%

Setting the sharpening in msfs to 170 (maybe its world scale - have to check)

Using DLSS with quality setting

Settings are a mixture of ultra and high with the odd medium..

TOD etc set to 100

Once i fire the sim up ill get back with a more definitive answer...

But the G2 as you know, has a very small clarity sweet spot -requiring you move your head to the right spot to see clearly... i find right mouse click for zoom excellent to see some things far away..

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

10 hours ago, vonduck said:

I've found the following to be a good balance for my G2..

Setting the Render scale in the OXRT to 200%

Setting the sharpening in msfs to 170 (maybe its world scale - have to check)

Using DLSS with quality setting

Settings are a mixture of ultra and high with the odd medium..

TOD etc set to 100

Very similar to my settings with similar hardware and I too find it an excellent balance.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

2 hours ago, Mike44 said:

Thanks is oxrt included in steamvr?

OXRT as have store version

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

Other than a good mix for the settings, as a G2 user I have found it really important to set the IPD correctly and have the 'sweet spot' zone properly aligned for your eyes.  If either of those aren't perfectly set up the image clarity is reduced.  Took me a bit of time to get that all properly set. 

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

set  Render scale in the OXRT to 200% but now my smooth fps are gone unplayable...with a black border.

What went wrong?

X-plane fps is ok but still to small, maybe I try 300%

What are your system specs? CPU and GPU could have an impact here

Doug 

2 hours ago, Mike44 said:

set  Render scale in the OXRT to 200% but now my smooth fps are gone unplayable...with a black border.

What went wrong?

X-plane fps is ok but still to small, maybe I try 300%

Imho, first of all you need a hmd with at least 7K screens to profit from such render scales. Not arguïng that higher resolutions won't help but mine is at 90% RR and I can see the waves on the ocean perfectly from Fl250. The thing is, you're looking at a texture representation of a life size world on 2160x2160 screens (the sweet spot is only a small section of those screens). The same thing happens with big screen tv's, from a distance they look crisp, from the couch (like 2m away) not so 🙂

Lowering RR will certainly help with banding and stuttering.

Edit: Or were you looking for world scale in OXRT, it's on another tab, I think.

Edited by Gerwil

Every set up is different, but in general @Mike44 , while there are various tips and tricks to compensate, I think that presently the use of DLSS in the Anti-aliasing option in the VR settings will still tend to give less sharp instrument panels.  It is a well known and well discussed issue.  

I have a pretty high-end set-up but still use TAA as my anti-aliasing option.  My personal experience is that DLSS in the VR settings gives me great scenery and frame rates, but a deterioration in instrument panel clarity.  If I do all the recommended tweaks (and there are a lot of them) I can get the panels readable, but the extra sharpening usually affects the overall view.  I find that TAA gives me perfectly acceptable externals and great panel clarity with a more natural look than the high-sharpening needed to compensate for the DLSS.

Did you start with TAA and still have blurry panels or have you used DLSS VR Antialiasing from the start? 

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2