Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

iFly statement on V6

On 6/26/2023 at 12:58 AM, GSalden said:

And lets be honest : the majority always updates the Client ….

The issue is the user has the option to decide when they update ... not that they will never update.  Many want to wait and see while they continue with what they have that is fully functional.  Developers may want time to adjust also, so they can inform users their product will work with an update.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 6:58 PM, fnav77 said:

Similar to other devs, he clearly states P3D is now at the bottom of their to do list.... The amount of work he quotes is worrying, it seems to be a lot of stuff. Will it take too much time/too many resources to do the update along with the work they do for the MSFS version? We may simply have to wait until after the MSFS Max version is released to see the Max in v6. How long it will be is anyone's guess....A paid upgrade is likely. This might be what happens as well with other devs: we may have to wait and then pay.

Without any of the current addons, it pains me to say P3D v6 in itself is useless, let's be honest. Nobody is using P3D as it is....

I wouldn't be so pessimistic to be honest. I would have been more worried if IFly had responded with "we'll have to develop everything new from the ground up for v6", but they didn't. So I expected some rework for v6 would be necessary given its a major version release.

Also, I dont blame HiFI for making the preference to work on MSFS. Lets be fair, that we P3D users have been ahead of the game in being able to fly the Max for the last few months and the 8-200 too! I am encouraged that the IFly plan is to make it compatible although we also know that plans can and do change.

I do agree with your add-ons comment. Without the add-ons, the "vanilla" sim experience would not be so great in P3D. That probably still holds true with v6 if I consider how I use the sim today.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

We wanted to share some recent captures from the iFly 737 MAX for Prepar3D v5. While MSFS is amazing, for raw simulation of true aircraft systems, we believe P3Dv5 allows for the highest level of system simulations using raw C++. P3Dv5 may not have the eye candy of MSFS, but for true immersion, CAT III approaches, and more, we believe the iFly MAX on Prepar3D v5 can barely be beat.
Before questions are posted about the MAX for MSFS, iFly is proceeding well on this project, yet they are still some time away as it is a major new development. The simulator platforms are so entirely different, time-to-market for a study-level simulator takes longer compared with the FSX/P3D lineage. For P3Dv6, iFly is not looking at it at this time due to other projects in progress.

spacer.png

https://www.facebook.com/flight1software

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

56 minutes ago, Juliett Alfa Romeo said:

While MSFS is amazing, for raw simulation of true aircraft systems, we believe P3Dv5 allows for the highest level of system simulations using raw C++.

Weird post from Flight1. You can reach the same systems fidelity of iFly’s MAX in MSFS or XP. 

I thought that iFly 737 MAX could be installed to V6 using a fake v5 install?

Never tried that with the iFly because I meanwhile decided to buy a 6 month v5 License in order to be able to use my Orbx and FSLabs addons too.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

I thought that iFly 737 MAX could be installed to V6 using a fake v5 install?

Never tried that with the iFly because I meanwhile decided to buy a 6 month v5 License in order to be able to use my Orbx and FSLabs addons too.

iFly installs to v6 usibg a fake v5 install, but it doesn't work in v6.

You can use PMDG they install and work in v6, that's what I'm using

• Like 1

Francisco Aguiar