Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Just Flight Fokker F28 Professional released

The bottom line is...WX radar and separate GTN/KLN GPS placement would make F28 complete!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

First update is out:

https://community.justflight.com/topic/5149/f28-update-change-log-updated-14-7-23

v1.1 (0.1.1) — 14/7/23

• Rudder not working with Xbox controller - fixed (support added for 'RUDDER AXIS RIGHT' and 'RUDDER AXIS LEFT' assignments)
  • EFB configuration options (e.g. GPS navigation, state saving) not saved between flights - fixed
  • State saving logic fixes
  • Nosewheel steering logic improved, including better handling of dead-zone and self-centring
  • Independent landing and upper/lower beacon control logic fixed
  • Centre instrument backlighting not switching off - fixed
  • EFB jetway option no longer triggers MSFS jetway request, for compatibility with GSX
  • Logo lights now switch off automatically when the aircraft is airborne
  • EFB brightness now adjusts automatically if the time of day is changed during a flights
  • Observer seat animation fixed
  • GNS 530 screen can now be dimmed using centre pedestal lighting knob (left lower overhead panel)
  • Over-wing camera views clipping windows - fixed
  • Minor manual corrections

• Like 8

21 hours ago, JaseMelbo said:

and you feel like you've stepped back in time when you take a seat in the cockpit.

Jase

Which is why I would never add any modern navigation screens to overcome that stepped back in time ambience. Modern convenience I avoid like the plague in simulations of vintage experiences. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

On 7/13/2023 at 12:46 AM, Ridvan Celik said:

Don't let old mate from the other thread hear that its sold well and wont be discounted soon.... there might be some angry people mixing drinks on the beach. 

LoL - why in the world would you believe I'd be angry?

We all know JF make very good addons, and I'm very happy for them that this one is going well.

Now that it's out of the way, i'm looking forward to the other far more interesting aircraft they're bringing to the sim.

Edited by UrgentSiesta
snipped for clarity
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UrgentSiesta said:

Now that it's out of the way, i'm looking forward to the other far more interesting aircraft they're bringing to the sim.

In your opinion..

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

On 7/13/2023 at 12:43 PM, JustFlightScott said:

That's cool. There won't be a price reduction soon, that's not needed but one day yes you might see it as part of one of our sales.  All the best.

I killed my piggy bank and purchased it now - I could not resist and do not regret it. it is a wonderful piece of FS addon 🙂

• Like 2

Is there any way to dedicate an axis or Key (i.e. on Stream Deck) to the Speedbrake?

I tried the „Spoiler Axis“ but this moves both the speedbrake and the lift dumpers at the same time, what is not so recommended 100 feet over the fence.

Edited by PTI139

2 hours ago, PTI139 said:

Is there any way to dedicate an axis or Key (i.e. on Stream Deck) to the Speedbrake?

I tried the „Spoiler Axis“ but this moves both the speedbrake and the lift dumpers at the same time, what is not so recommended 100 feet over the fence.

The lift dumpers don’t activate in the air. They’re actuated by weight on the gears regardless of their position. This is described in the manual. Lift dumpers are are either armed or manually thrown by the captain however moving the lever itself does nothing in the air. 

• Like 1

Thank you, so I can use the spoiler axis to operate the Speed brake even if the lift dumper levers move up and down then, because they have no effect in the air.

• Upvote 1

Since there is no functional WX radar, laggy nexrad is used as substitute

image.png?width=2290&height=1257

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Since there is no functional WX radar, laggy nexrad is used as substitute

image.png?width=2290&height=1257

The WX radar is functional

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucky38i said:

The WX radar is functional

No according to manual. Can you show me screenshot of it working?

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

No according to manual. Can you show me screenshot of it working?

It seems it was a last minute addition and not reflected in the manual, I’ve used it in my last four flight with the aircraft. I’m on mobile so don’t have an image on me sorry. Feel free to try it yourself though.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Lucky38i said:

It seems it was a last minute addition and not reflected in the manual, I’ve used it in my last four flight with the aircraft. I’m on mobile so don’t have an image on me sorry. Feel free to try it yourself though.

Correct, JustFlight confirmed this on the official forums.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Quick question. How do I change between the 4K and the 8K textures?

Best regards 

Per S.