Sign in to follow this  
Los

Only Me or Liveries Don’t Matter

I love and enjoy seeing different liveries. The variety of colors, I think, is very interesting especially when seeing all of the different ones from around the globe.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

Looks like there are many ways in which pilot cosplay is enjoyed by avsimers. 

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

This is an interesting discussion and shows how there are such different play styles in this game.

For those on here who only stay on the flight deck I am reminded of some FSX planes that cleverly came in 2 versions. One was a flightdeck only-version with no visual model at all (from inside). The other was a full on option with the cabin, wingviews the whole hog. This I think was a great thing and kept both kinds of virtual flyer happy. I do realize this would mean more work for devs so I guess thats why we dont see it anymore.

//

I like liveries because for me it increases the immersion for the country I am flying in. I fly a lot in Indonesia for example and its nice to zap over to the wingview and see the green CitiLink A320neo winglet - just like it is IRL  -  as I do real world hops around the islands.

After I land and park its nice to drone outside and take in the scene of the service trucks and baggage loaders rolling in, the passenger stairs being wheeled up and the plane is in the exact paint job as its IRL counterpart.

Sure I can do the same with the default Airbus House colors but it wont feel the same. It will feel like im on a sales tour of Asia with the prototype. I only use default when I just cannot find a livery.

For gamers like me sitting at a desk flying a pixel plane pretending to be an A320 captain I'll take anything that can ramp up the feel and vibe of the airline environment and liveries help, we are visual creatures 😃

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

I'd love to be able to do my own paint jobs, but I've never managed to get to grips with it. Probably just as well as things might otherwise get a bit garish. I like some liveries because they feel like classics (Pan Am, old Delta. TWA etc) and some just because I like the colours. I spend way more time outside the aircraft than inside as it's all about the visuals for me, and I never worry about using the "right" livery for a plane or location.

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

When I buy a car, I enjoy choosing the options, colors and look of the car, not just how the interior looks. It's a nice feeling admiring your new vehicle and then sliding into the seat and the satisfying thud of the door closing. Same way with a sim or in real life. Folks walk up to their plane and admire it's lines and sleekness and then get in and fly it.

Seems natural to appreciate the look and feel of a possession...inside and out

• Like 1

Currently liveries only really matter when you record videos but not otherwise.

They WOULD matter a lot more if they showed up for other users in multiplayer.