Sign in to follow this  
Car147

Pyreegue EGNX released.

On 7/25/2023 at 10:38 PM, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

Anyone know if it’s GSX pro friendly?

I haven't seen the scenery, but I checked the GSX profile, and I can tell you it's already using one of the latest GSX features, that is airport customization using an extra Python script. This allows to rename and regroup terminal with more user friendly names, making the airport more enjoyable and realistic to use with GSX, because now terminals can be shown using their real names instead of the generic ones allowed in the sim.

This feature is very recent, so my compliments for being so fast using it in a commercial airport. In addition to that, it also has terminal doors automated with GSX boarding/deboarding process so, I'd say it's a *very* GSX-Pro friendly airport.

You can also see that in the release notes that came with the update: they moved away some ground stuff because it was interfering with GSX.

Other developers just fill up the airport with static stuff, so it would look good in screenshots, and force the poor GSX profile creators to various hooplas to find some space to place GSX vehicle so they won't clash into static stuff and, when questioned about it, they really don't care: I saw a commercial scenery with a *static* car placed in the middle of a road AND a static apron light there as well ( the car was just useless, the light was a plain mistake ), and users came to us asking why the GSX passenger bus would clash into that.

Here, we see a developer that understands you need to *use* the scenery, not just "look at it", and took the time to move out something because it was interfering with GSX! 

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 8

22 minutes ago, virtuali said:

Here, we see a developer that understands…

…the customer!
Shows the extra attention to detail that a fan of flight simming would value.

There are a small number of developers in this hobby who are passionate about their projects, and it's very apparent.
I'm incredibly appreciative of those extra fine points that they implement in their work.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Since this is my home airport and I know it well and all the area around it, i was over the moon to get this. It's fantastic. Simple as that. If I had to really nick pick I would say Radcliffe power station needs a finishing touch. It has Parkway Train station at the foot of its towers. The station has walkways etc across the track. In the sim its a row of houses running across the track to the cooling towers. No station just houses MSFS default. If they added a simple model of Parkway it would be the finishing touch. But having said that properly no one would know. This also shows how amazing the airport and areas around it are. Donnington race track all the new building for fright etc. Best airport in MSFS for me. Thank you so much Pyreegue. Sorry for really really nick picking, it's that hard to find fault.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 4

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

On 7/29/2023 at 11:08 AM, Nyxx said:

Since this is my home airport and I know it well and all the area around it, i was over the moon to get this. It's fantastic. Simple as that. If I had to really nick pick I would say Radcliffe power station needs a finishing touch. It has Parkway Train station at the foot of its towers. The station has walkways etc across the track. In the sim its a row of houses running across the track to the cooling towers. No station just houses MSFS default. If they added a simple model of Parkway it would be the finishing touch. But having said that properly no one would know. This also shows how amazing the airport and areas around it are. Donnington race track all the new building for fright etc. Best airport in MSFS for me. Thank you so much Pyreegue. Sorry for really really nick picking, it's that hard to find fault.

Also my home airport - and I agree with @Nyxx  - this is superb.

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2