Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

Aerosoft A330 Website and Dev Update

I'm not sure about A330. Look at the mess with ATR.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Judging by the comments on the Aerosoft forum. It will probably be the same here. All I can say is what a joke. 

Can it be used on Vatsim etc.

You definitely can. However, you should familiarize yourself with the handling of the aircraft beforehand. Under certain circumstances you will have to fly maneuvers that are usually facilitated by additional systems, which will not be available from day 1.

Sounds like you won't be able to do holds and other basics. Imagine being in a Vatsim event and being asked to hold. Everything they say is big problems on a network regardless and in my opinion needs sorting before they actually release. Going to have to feel sorry for the controllers when people can't hold etc properly.

10 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Look at the mess with ATR.

the MSFS one? is that even the same developer?

Oh boy, I haven't been this excited since my last dentist appointment.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 4

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

3 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I mean, is Hans Hartmann working on the A330. Aerosoft is a team of devs.

Didn't he announce his retirement recently? I don't know  what dev work on which project all I know it's Aerosoft

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

47 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Judging by the comments on the Aerosoft forum. It will probably be the same here. All I can say is what a joke. 

Can it be used on Vatsim etc.

You definitely can. However, you should familiarize yourself with the handling of the aircraft beforehand. Under certain circumstances you will have to fly maneuvers that are usually facilitated by additional systems, which will not be available from day 1.

Sounds like you won't be able to do holds and other basics. Imagine being in a Vatsim event and being asked to hold. Everything they say is big problems on a network regardless and in my opinion needs sorting before they actually release. Going to have to feel sorry for the controllers when people can't hold etc properly.

Oh boy, what a mess. That's gonna be a new low for Aerosoft. Now one might understand why they essentially fired half the team when the product went into beta...

10 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Didn't he announce his retirement recently? I don't know  what dev work on which project all I know it's Aerosoft

Well the ATR was just Hans Hartmann from what I know.

Edited by Tuskin38

The Airbus offerings from Aerosoft are too much on the casual side to get me excited and the lack of a cabin in 2023 isn't helping matters. I hope it delivers for those of you waiting but the recent news are rather worrying.

Edited by AviationEnthusiast

1 minute ago, OuterMarker said:

Unfortunately this is not really surprising...but at least they are somewhat honest about it this time.

That says a lot about HOW bad it is 😄

• Like 1