Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

What A2A will likely do next after the Comanche

20 hours ago, CLE_AA-5B_GrummanTiger said:

Sure as heck would be, but I don't know if *anyone* has ever done the Grumman Tiger for a sim...

There is a very good Grumman Tiger (and Traveller) for XP11 from vFlyteAir.

-Edit - The Tiger also looks to be one of the planes vFlyteAir are working to bring to MSFS.

Edited by Matchstick

2 hours ago, Matchstick said:

There is a very good Grumman Tiger (and Traveller) for XP11 from vFlyteAir.

-Edit - The Tiger also looks to be one of the planes vFlyteAir are working to bring to MSFS.

Oh, so somebody DID! I can't find info about MSFS integration on their site, though...where did you learn of that?

I really would like to see any twin with A2A acusim quality, Then they can bring all their other planes in any order! 🙂

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

31 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I really would like to see any twin with A2A acusim quality, Then they can bring all their other planes in any order! 🙂

I think they own an Aerostar, so that would be my guess on what is next. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, CLE_AA-5B_GrummanTiger said:

Oh, so somebody DID! I can't find info about MSFS integration on their site, though...where did you learn of that?

It's mentioned in passing on their Discord
spacer.png

Nothing seems likely to happen any time soon, they're a small team with a lot lined up already, but their XP stuff has been very good so it'll be interesting to see what they can do in MSFS.

31 minutes ago, Bam2000 said:

depending if they need a flying plane to finish it 😄

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=71896

That was 2 1/2 years ago, I imagine they fixed it by now. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

26 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

That was 2 1/2 years ago, I imagine they fixed it by now. 

AIUI it wasn't economically viable for them to repair the plane so it was sold, possibly for parts.

Certainly the airframe is currently deregistered on the FAA database.

Edited by Matchstick

On 9/2/2023 at 10:41 AM, AviatorMan said:

The Black Square G36 Bonanza and the B58 Baron have very detailed system level functionality, beautiful analogue instrumentation, detailed documentation, and are a joy to fly. The A2A has more detailed engine specific modelling (e.g., cylinder level), and specific failure types, but others here will be more knowledgeable on this than me. As far as FD I understand the Black Square uses the default aircraft FD, but I have been flying the two aircraft now for several months, and have been noting things like approach speed/flare out simulation and comparing with real world data from Beechcraft on the two aircraft, and it seems pretty  accurate to me. A2A and Black Square are both top of the league developers, and since it is so  time consuming to make aircraft of this fidelity and accuracy, I personally would not like to see duplication of effort. Black Squares Baron is beyond what 90% of simmers would even notice the difference.. A2A should not duplicate one of Black Square's products in my opinion.

Well, took the dive and got the Baron. Very impressive and very happy. The quality of the instrumentation is very welcomed to these sore eyes. its the only thing I find negative on the Comanche. Although the Comanche probably looks closer to real life, but its harder on the eyes in the sim.

Will get the M500 when it comes out and those three will be my go to planes depending on how long the flights are.

Ron

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600