Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

What A2A will likely do next after the Comanche

In the dim, distant past, A2A started work on a Lockheed T-33. I think it was a test-bed project to see how Accusim and a jet engine would co-exist. All we ever saw were some development shots of the external model, however. I'd love to see it revived.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

13 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Have you seen the one that came with the sim?😶

Well, It’s not an A2A plane, yes WBsim and Bagolu have done a remarkable job improving both the G1000 and the steam gauge C172, but the plane is still lightyear behind the A2A commanche.

In MSFS we desperately need a good trainer like the 172 but done to an extreme level of fidelity, even before jumping to plane like Kodiak, TBM, PC12, ATR, A320 simmers need a simple and common plane they can really learn from 

the C172 is the trainer everyone need, you’ll find it  all around the globe almost every pilote have flown it or will, it’s a fantastic aircraft. That is why we need an A2A C172

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, cyril972 said:

Well, It’s not an A2A plane, yes WBsim and Bagolu have done a remarkable job improving both the G1000 and the steam gauge C172, but the plane is still lightyear behind the A2A commanche.

In MSFS we desperately need a good trainer like the 172 but done to an extreme level of fidelity, even before jumping to plane like Kodiak, TBM, PC12, ATR, A320 simmers need a simple and common plane they can really learn from 

the C172 is the trainer everyone need, you’ll find it  all around the globe almost every pilote have flown it or will, it’s a fantastic aircraft. That is why we need an A2A C172

At least you've given a reasonable explanation of why a few of you want yet another 172 in the sim, thx...🍺

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

A C172 seems kinda boring honestly….not saying the default is perfect…but there are so many neat mods for it that a high fidelity one would still be kinda redundant. 

I would absolutely love a C210 (with the rear gear doors ripped out) with a NA and Turbo option. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

The last bizzjets I had before MSFS2020

were the other German sim: "Aerofly-2" which had a quite Good(over time it was upgraded quite a bit..) Learjet-45(but Aircraft-sounds "where a bit" lacking..)

Also the FSX/Prepar3D-V2.5 Eaglesoft jets.. 😳(quite old I know..) I never even "had" the Cessna Citation750+ Xtreme 2.0 either...😳😲

I know both Flightsimware and Extreme Protypes made some cool bizz-jets 😃 👍never tried them myself though, but saw some lengthy vids on youtube.. 

BUT *right now* it seems A2A is the KINGS of flightdynamics & sim-imersion !! 😃😃😀

10 minutes ago, CaptainNick said:

Bring on the Vtail and finish the Aerostar.

The Aerostar is the most likely actual candidate for their next product as a lot of the work for MSFS is already done.

11 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

The Aerostar is the most likely actual candidate for their next product as a lot of the work for MSFS is already done.

They gathered flight data for a p3D product. That doesn’t make a MSFS Accusim 2 product.  On the other hand the Vtail is already a relatively recent and completed Accusim 1 product. Easier for them. 

7 hours ago, Paul K said:

In the dim, distant past, A2A started work on a Lockheed T-33. I think it was a test-bed project to see how Accusim and a jet engine would co-exist. All we ever saw were some development shots of the external model, however. I'd love to see it revived.

2014 , I am glad to see that I am not the only one who remembers. As I said earlier in the thread, one can dream, <sigh>

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=38342&hilit=Jet#p289167

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I have been simming since 2004 and brought most if not all GA planes by developers....

One I have never seen which I thought I would like is a Cherokee Six...😁😁😁

• Like 1

The simple idea of waiting a few more years for A2A to release a Cessna 172 is incredibly exciting...

LOL no. No it's not, really not.

Waiting two more years for A2A release a nice warbird is exciting. Waiting two more years for A2A to release a C172 makes the inner child in me want to cry.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Dillon said:

At least you've given a reasonable explanation of why a few of you want yet another 172 in the sim, thx...🍺

The Cessna 172 that comes with MSFS is good. But I don't think it's A2A quality. Hence some of us would like an A2A quality Cessna 172.

It's like how the FBW A320 was good in the spring of last year, but some people still wanted the Fenix A320 when it released last year.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

28 minutes ago, Daube said:

Waiting two more years for A2A release a nice warbird is exciting. 

What is so exciting about a warbird in MSFS when you really can't combat with it? there are other sims for that.

Edited by JBDB-MD80
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

What is so exciting about a warbird in MSFS when you really can't combat with it? there are other sims for that.

What you just wrote makes no sense at all.

Why do people go to see warbird flying at airshows ? Are they shooting down other planes during airshows ?

Why do Kermit week videos on Youtube made so much views ? He's not dropping any bomb or shooting anything anyways...

People want to fly warbirds because they are exciting to use, especially with Accusim. From staring the engine to shutting down, there is not a single boring moment. Unlike a C172.

I'm really tired of this argument "warbirds are useless if you can't shoot at anything". Go wait for anything to happen in your C172 and leave us alone.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Daube said:

I'm really tired of this argument "warbirds are useless if you can't shoot at anything". 

I don't even answer this kind of comment anymore. It had been answered myriads of times. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Maybe they'll revisit a few items in their stable, which take less time per aircraft (I would imagine) and then go for something brand new, which would take longer.