Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

FANTASTIC shader enhancement for water

>Well, I am not a Crysis expert but I don't believe it renders>the whole world.>And with something like 50Gb and today's hardware and>technology, FSX provides navigation database, weather>parameters, avionics systems, AI for both planes and boatsI'm tired of this argument getting used to justify bad performance, as if any flight simulator by definition must run at 20FPS and have 3 years ago's graphics technology. FS does not render the whole world at the same time - it streams data in dynamically, which is also what Crysis does with "maps" that are many miles in size at an amazing level of detail.I will bet you anything Crysis, Unreal Tournament 3 and the other new DX10 games coming out actually have higher polygon/triangle counts per scene than FSX does. That's all that matters to a video card as long as its actually getting fed the right information in the right way at the right time.I could easily sit here and say by this type of argument that Crysis should run poorly because it's rendering all that dense foliage and calculating the actions and reactions of all the AI enemies that are coming after you, the trajectories and associated physics effects on the environment of all the bullets, rockets etc that you fire, a real day and night cycle with the sun as the actual lighting source for the world and so on...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ahh yes, its not all just about graphics! I almost forgot that flight simulator has the "flight modelling" not found in games like Crysis. Just a minute, Crysis does have: a real world physics system, human models, a breakable environment, crash/damage modelling, realistic AI, earthquakes, breaking ice, landslides, and tornados!!

Guest baksteen33

>>Crysis is Crysis and FSX is FSX.When I'll be able to fly a 767-300 in Crysis I will probably switch :--))<< Hi David, have you ever considered SimCity? :-) I'm still wondering which sim will bring pedestrians and flyable aircraft together first? :-) Many thanks for the pionter. Kind regards Jaap

Correct. You only need to watch the trailers for the "Ace Combat 6" simulator to realize this argument is no longer valid.www.acecombatsix.com

I think it looks pretty good. I just have two questions, what is the purpose of deleting the contents of the terrain folder?what will that do?

Guest Lennyt
How long will we compare oranges and apples?????
As long as it continues to irritate you!;-)

Guest Lennyt

Fantastic videos with Crysis. Can't wait for the release. The environments created are beautiful and complex.

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Here are my comparisons:1. FSX (High 2.x FSX water effects setting)2. FSX with new water20.fxh (High 2.x FSX water effects setting)3. FSX with new water20.fxh and FEX

Guest danny68

I get this too Geoff,I've not got UT so it's not that.

I get it as well... a quick check of the folder where we deleted a bunch of files... and look... FSX did NOT regenerate the files as predicted.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hi WOZ,Thanks for your interesting comparison screens.(obviously, FEX adds a lot to the beauty of the sim).I agree that there

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.