Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

FANTASTIC shader enhancement for water

Crap. I found this shader water fix and was so excited that I immediately downloaded it and deleted my Terrain folder contents and replaced my water shader file without backing up the original. I know, I know, I'm an idiot. But after testing FSX to see the results and seeing that my oceans and rivers look like Geofa's pictures, I'm screwed. I have Accel/SP2 and no backups. Help?What do I do besides re-installing Accel?

I tried to send you a copy of my original water20.fxh file. I've never uploaded a file... I hope it works.Best Regards,Steve

Hi Stefen,Well, you messed up but if we were always perfect it would be boring, no? :--)I don't know if re-installing Accel will fix your issue.Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you a copy of my Terrain folder.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

WOZ -- I'm quite intrigued by your example shots, not least of which because of your choice of my scenery:)Since I've spent a bit of time at that location over the last few years, I dug up some photos for comparison.First up, this is pretty normal for the harbour area -- not a lot of reflection...http://www.windowlight.co.nz/images/FSXwater04.jpgOn a lovely still morning a few kilometres up the Sounds, there's a bit of reflection, but this is about as still as it gets:http://www.windowlight.co.nz/images/FSXwater01.jpgCloser up to show the reflection of the boat:http://www.windowlight.co.nz/images/FSXwater03.jpgAnd this is typical of a great day on the Sounds; lovely coloured water, but again no sign of any clear reflection:http://www.windowlight.co.nz/images/FSXwater02.jpgStill, overall I'd say that I'd be happy with your choice of water here, roll on SP2-compatibility...Robin CornGodzone Virtual Flight, for 'Real New Zealand' sceneryhttp://www.windowlight.co.nz

Hi Robin!Beautiful shots and landscape...Thanks a lot for your so nice sceneries, I love them and should have given you credit when uploading my screens.It's done now :-)Best regards,David

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Where else can we download the file from? I have trouble getting to those sites.Got the file!

Sorry but because those files don't belong to me and there is probably a reason why they are there and not in Avsim's library, I can't send them to you directly.But both the websites are working, I just checked and the download is free from charge.regards,David

Best regards,
David Roch

Hi Jakob,It's written in this topic, they are not compatible.Sorry.

Best regards,
David Roch

I was just thinking loud. I hope that someone with the right knowledgecould do the same thing (with new programming of course!) as seen in the schreenies in this thread, with an acceleration updated FSX.KindlyJakob Arnholtz ( Waterfreak!)

Guest The Wizard of Oz

First Up1. WARNING!!! this stuff DOES NOT WORK WITH FSX SP2 AND YOU CAN HAVE TROUBLE RESTORING YOUR FILES2. I,ve had people ask me where the scenery for the Edwin Fox /Picton area in NZ in my posts is from:http://www.windowlight.co.nz/realnzmarl.htmlCheers WOZ

Wonderful scenery BTW :--)Yes, I've already warned people about the non-compatibility of this file with SP2, it's always nice to reminding it.Best regards,David

Best regards,
David Roch

Guest jase439

Has this shader been updated for SP2?EDIT: Nevermind, I found the update.