Sign in to follow this  

Yes, if it was another developer I would be more excited but I'll put this one out of my mind for another six months by which time it will be coming a little bit sooner. 

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Darn! You guys beat me to it for posting it here 😂 A lot more to showcase why this bird is going to be really special, in the coming weeks 🙂

Thanks for your support guys! ✌️

Edited by Captain Blackbird

Let us  now make way for the chorus of lament : What ! Yet another military aircraft ! This is a civil sim !   😉

Interesting choice, a Texan II. Never heard of an ADV version though. I thought that A2A would do one as they worked on one for the US military. Milviz was swifter.  

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Oh this is Milviz news?  I was confused.... I keep forgetting they've switched to their new name.

I'm pretty excited.  A TEX2 is super one plus it will be very in depth!

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

Oh this is Milviz news?  I was confused.... I keep forgetting they've switched to their new name.

I'm pretty excited.  A TEX2 is super one plus it will be very in depth!

Yup! Milviz/ Blackbird Simulations news & updates of all the going-ons at our company 🙂 This plane is a whole level up. Stay tuned for more details soon!

This is not unexpected to me.  I seem to recall Milviz already having a T-6 Texan II for a certain customer, a couple of years ago.  :ph34r:

So yes, building on that -- if in fact it existed -- should be a really nice Texan II.   That's a very cool airplane.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Great another Military aircraft in a Civil flight simulator game.😩

I don’t really buy into the complaints about military aircraft in a civilian sim, but isn’t the Texan II mostly used for basic training?  Do weapons systems and the ability to fire weapons actually matter on an aircraft like this?

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

7 hours ago, regis9 said:

I don’t really buy into the complaints about military aircraft in a civilian sim, but isn’t the Texan II mostly used for basic training?  Do weapons systems and the ability to fire weapons actually matter on an aircraft like this?

Its a trainer for ‘light attack and armed reconnaissance’ missions.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Talk to any one in the military of countries like the US or UK and ask them out of their several thousand hours on type for whatever they fly, how many of those hours were actually spent shooting at things. Chances are for most the answer is zero, even in training getting to fire off multi million dollar live ordinance is going to be extraordinarily rare.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Talk to any one in the military of countries like the US or UK and ask them out of their several thousand hours on type for whatever they fly, how many of those hours were actually spent shooting at things.

You still need to be 18+ to use those trainers. MSFS is rated at +4 and over and not designed for Military action.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

2 hours ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

You still need to be 18+ to use those trainers. MSFS is rated at +4 and over and not designed for Military action.

It's a basic trainer.  Did you think basic aerodynamics work differently for the military than for civilian pilots?  😁

Andrew Crowley