17 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Never heard of an ADV version though

This is a milviz/ blackbird designation, like their T38 ADV which I owned for P3D which had an external flight model and in depth failures. 
There was a “standard”  T38 without the in depth flight modelling and systems which was sold along side at a cheaper price.

A P3D Texan II was developed by milviz for a real world training contract, so hopefully this release will build on experience gained there and will indeed be something special.

I’ll be buying a one when it’s released based on my experience with the T38 ADV, doing VR circuits in that thing kept my real world flying hand eye coordination up to scratch while I was grounded during 2020.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Wonder if Blackbird will be putting effort into all the systems this time or just whack in a default AP with a note in the manual that they know it doesn't work properly but aren't going to do anything about that.

After what they managed to achieve with that same AP in the XP T310 that was not an impressive move.

1 hour ago, Matchstick said:

Wonder if Blackbird will be putting effort into all the systems this time or just whack in a default AP with a note in the manual that they know it doesn't work properly but aren't going to do anything about that.

After what they managed to achieve with that same AP in the XP T310 that was not an impressive move.

The Texan is equipped with a KLN 900 COVR (bendixking.com)

but the  U.S. Air Force Mulls Avionics Replacement Program for T-6A Trainer - Defense Daily

I quote

The T-6A has been “GPS non-compliant since 2009,” according to a slide from an Air Force T-6A industry briefing in March on the possible avionics replacement program. The aircraft’s KLN-900 Navigation System is not compliant with area navigation (RNAV) 1 operations which limit flight path deviations, and the plane may not execute RNAV standard instrument departures, obstacle departure procedures, and standard terminal arrival routes.

The aircraft also may only execute RNAV instrument approach procedures during the day under favorable weather conditions.

I am curious to see how Milviz (I will not have this Blackbird nonsense 😁) has simulated the P&W PT6A.  

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

It's a basic trainer.  Did you think basic aerodynamics work differently for the military than for civilian pilots?  😁

😄

I wonder how many airline pilots who do now their 9-to-5 with United, Frontier etc.  after retiring from the Armed Forces started to learn how to fly with a T6A.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

The Texan is equipped with a KLN 900 COVR (bendixking.com)

If they want to properly model a KLN900 that's great but honestly I will not be surprised to see Milviz stick in the default GNS530 (maybe with a Bendix King style facia).

What's Tik Tok? :rolleyes:

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Like 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

13 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Comes from China, it's for the masses.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

8 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

Comes from China, it's for the masses.

Like iPhones. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

duplicate 

Edited by St Mawgan

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

22 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

It’s a data mining tool for the CCP, better off sticking with the small plastic boxes of cylindrical mints !

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Hopefully we will end up with something like this…

https://milvizusa.com/products/t-6a/

I want that !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

787 captain.  

53 minutes ago, jon b said:

Hopefully we will end up with something like this…

https://milvizusa.com/products/t-6a/

I want that !

tantalizing 

Dominique

Hee hee, I'm pleased my question about Tik Tok has created so many inventive replies! :wink:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

On 8/19/2023 at 2:35 PM, Matchstick said:

If they want to properly model a KLN900 that's great but honestly I will not be surprised to see Milviz stick in the default GNS530 (maybe with a Bendix King style facia).

The KLN 90B is available for aircraft authors here:

https://github.com/falcon71/kln90b

The KLN 900 is very similar to the the 90B and I would be willing to make the necessary adjustments to simulate the 900, if there is demand by aircraft authors.