Sign in to follow this  
Sky_Pilot071

3060TI @90FPS - Time to Upgrade?

15 hours ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

I will give my answer as NO but others may think otherwise.  

For starters I use LOD 150 and fly is spare areas like Alaska Which is part of the reason I get good frames at altitude in the HJet.

I'm on the fence with Frame Gen but think that it could be useful but @ 90 FPS I'm happy.  CPU is a 5900x which I'm also happy with.

Panning is smooth as glass with no vsync.  Also, DX12 is the best.

Cheers

sp

A resounding NO--total waste of $$ at least for flat screen simming, that is if you're able to achieve THIS at 35fps, and until you experience THIS, you'll still be stuck on the idea that FPS is what matters.  And THIS in a complex plane at a complex terminal, from end of pushback to cruise altitude, and perfectly smooth panning along with it, all Ultra.  This was done at 3440x1440 but by the looks of the very low GPU utilization this would easily apply to 4K as well:
spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

46 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

Considering your about 600/800 wattage for every flight, maybe it's better to buy real flight lessons in real planes.

Yea right like its the same £££.....

Thomas Derbyshire

16 hours ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

I will give my answer as NO but others may think otherwise.  

For starters I use LOD 150 and fly is spare areas like Alaska Which is part of the reason I get good frames at altitude in the HJet.

I'm on the fence with Frame Gen but think that it could be useful but @ 90 FPS I'm happy.  CPU is a 5900x which I'm also happy with.

Panning is smooth as glass with no vsync.  Also, DX12 is the best.

Cheers

sp

My new 5900X is very good coupled with an RTX 3080, now I have about 45/50fps min with studio level airplanes, but I'm looking for perfect and smooth 30fps everywhere with Ultra settings, 150 TLD and 200 render scaling, FHD.

• Like 1

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

I'm very satisfied with my setup, don't see any reason to upgrade anytime soon. Performance is outstanding most settings Ultra, vsync locked 1/3 = 40fps DX11, 27" 120Hz @ 1080P. 

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

1 hour ago, sidfadc said:

Yea right like its the same £££.....

Not to mention that system would pull nowhere near that. I have a slightly undervolted 4090 and a OCd 13600K and I'm averaging 300-350W between the two in MSFS. 

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

18 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

Should you upgrade??  I cant help but think this is troll posting.  I am about to pull the trigger on a completely new system for $2,100 US and am hoping to hit 60 FPS.

Not sure what happened but after a recent MSFS upgrade I now get 90 instead of 70.

Windows update did install a display driver which was older than the one I had.

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071

19 hours ago, Ixoye said:

There is no reson to upgrade if you get 90fps,180fps won't make it any better, I get 60-70 fps Ultra with DX11, I don't use FG even if I can, it is to many quirks and bad vram usage with DX12 for my liking.

When the next gen VR is avaiable Ill go that route with lots of HP.

sp

19 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

Should you upgrade??  I cant help but think this is troll posting.  I am about to pull the trigger on a completely new system for $2,100 US and am hoping to hit 60 FPS.

Check out iBuyPower computers if in the USA. Looking at the local Bestbuy online user ratings is why I bought iBuyPower. That brand in general had best user ratings, back at that time.  

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.