Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Train Sim World 4. But Why?

Well, this is a surprise tp me, but honestly I'm kind of at a loss at what they could come up with that would make it worth buying yet another installment in this rather lackluster (to me) series.

Are any of you out there excited?

Asobo style developer thingy for the very patient:

Edited by HiFlyer

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I had two versions of this sim and on both i was disappointed, however recently i purchased Sim Rail and that is far, far better than Dovetail products.

Artur 

12 hours ago, Beardyman said:

I had two versions of this sim and on both i was disappointed, however recently i purchased Sim Rail and that is far, far better than Dovetail products.

Pretty much the same.

When I first heard of Trainsim going to the Unreal engine, I was pretty excited. But the First Trainsim world felt pretty sterile (to me) and Trainsim world 2 was more of the same.

In fact, except for updated graphics, many features of the "original" trainsim were actually lost, such as longer routes, connecting routes, the ability of users and third parties to create or enhance routes.....

It felt like going backwards, and despite a modest perk here and there, this new iteration doesn't seem to raise the bar enough not to look like a fairly blatent cash-grab.

Edited by HiFlyer

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

This way for dovetail doing this FS is why dovetails flightsim never got off the ground. 

its sad really. Just another way to take suckers’ money.

it honestly bums me out because I like trains and I don’t need the same fidelity with them as I do airplane sims but shelling out more money for the same product is annoying:

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

It's such a torn situation if you like trains, which I do😁. Train sim world has some stunning visuals, but leave a lot to be desired in physics/operations. On the other hand, run8 kills it with operations, physics and realism, but the visuals are weak. If only we could marry the two🤣

36 minutes ago, G550flyer said:

It's such a torn situation if you like trains, which I do😁. Train sim world has some stunning visuals, but leave a lot to be desired in physics/operations. On the other hand, run8 kills it with operations, physics and realism, but the visuals are weak. If only we could marry the two🤣

Sim Rail have best physics i have tried so far, even game is still early access. Guys who have done Sim Rail do real simulators for real train trainings, so they know what to do and how. 

Artur 

3 hours ago, Beardyman said:

Sim Rail have best physics i have tried so far, even game is still early access. Guys who have done Sim Rail do real simulators for real train trainings, so they know what to do and how. 

Devons rig

Yes they seam to be doing yearly releases, as long as they have a fan base loyal that generates enough interest I guess it's fine, for me it was too much of the same with a few too many shortcomings to gain my loyalty.

I am still addicted to Railroads Online, even though it's still Beta phase it's been fun and different to keep my happy with all things trains because you can build your own world interactively and run trains

Matthew Kane

Just imagine how many 'Flight Sim Worlds' there would be by now if they didnt give up on that LOL. Im glad they didnt taint the FS community with their BS business practices. Hope they go belly up.

Ok they do have some nice routes included and some new features, but the fundamental problems continue to exist.  Im surprised they do not learn from other game simulation models.  The big secret sauce to it all, is having the community heavily involved in content creation.  While there is a new editor and scenario builder, its still rather limited.   Farming simulator for example has so much content of machines and maps that the adds on are enormous, and that in turn has greatly grown that title.   The Euro American truck simulator also to a limited extent.   

Yet Dovetail refuses to give access, and very limited partner releases.  They will not change because they have such a big greed factor.   The only thing that might get them to change is very strong competition. There is some titles coming out, that may rival them, but they are too much in their infancy right now.  Hopefully with time.   

I do enjoy TSW3 running with full safety systems on and being very vigilant, but these new full number are essentially updates.  Look what MS does to FS2020 in that last years.  Look at all the FREE updates and all the content that goes with it.   Anyone who complains about MS updates in that regard should go have a look at the way TSW3 does updates and release.   

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I would need a full UK network to be interested in purchasing a train simulator.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

14 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I would need a full UK network to be interested in purchasing a train simulator.

The scenery currently in MSFS could be used for that quite easily, you could even get AI to speed up positioning of track splines. Too bad MS is no longer interested in that but I would have preferred it if Bing Maps became and all things simulator, trains planes trucks buses cars boats ships fishing hunting their is no limit on how that scenery engine could be used if they licensed it out to other developers 

• Upvote 1

Matthew Kane