Sign in to follow this  
pastorpilot

Acceleration & DX10 Preview so far, not so good here.

Has anyone got this running ok??I have a question, do clouds affect the shadows in the cockpit as you would expect? what about other planes or buildings? Also, does the light intensity change at different times, ie. sunset etc?

Guest kd001

>The jagged>cockpit shadows look horrible.>Is there no way of turning the cockpit shadows off? That should in my opinion greatly improve performance.

Guest jimjones

OptionsSettingsDisplayGraphicsOption is on the right side.

Guest jimjones

Don't think clouds affect shadows in the cockpit or on planes or buildings. Sunset should, but not tested.

Let me get this straight: After all this hype and excitement, DX10/SP2 doesn't offer neither a performance improvement, nor a good amount of new graphical extras?Why a DX10 "Preview"? Wasn't FSX supposed to be showcase for DX10?This is from fsinsider.com: "What does DX10 bring you? Much better performance, and the ability to crank up the graphics settings (improve visual quality) without sacrificing frame rate (performance)."Can someone from ACES comment?I really don't want to be whiner, but that is simply not good enough for me. Quite a few of us have gone and purchased a DX10 board only for FSX. Quite disappointing in my book.Pat

No, it does bring all that stuff.We are just having some kind of conflictions with drivers.All the beta testers reported DX10 doing all they claimed. But they were obviously using older drivers, etc because they tested several months ago. So unless Nvidia fixes it or we figure out the proper drivers it won't work right.

Guest stpierce

I don't understand where all of the Beta testers are at this moment? Shouldn't some of them be here to help? Makes me question this whole SP2 project and Beta testing in general.

There are 2 over on flightsimworld.com right now discussing.Cell isn't having these problems, but Mango is and he uses an ATI 2900 and Vista 64.I'm starting to think Vista 64 is the problem and not video drivers.

>There are 2 over on flightsimworld.com right now discussing.>>Cell isn't having these problems, but Mango is and he uses an>ATI 2900 and Vista 64.>>I'm starting to think Vista 64 is the problem and not video>drivers. Vista 32 here :(-Cory

-Cory Crabtree

Where's ACEs, they had a big presence here until Acceleration was released, now we need them...

I have the new drivers installed. I'm running a 8600 GTS. The sim looks absolutely great for me. When you install the expansion pack it changes your settings. Make sure you switch back to a higher resolution and have the anisotropic filtering enabled - not bilinear. Put water on 2x low and turn the wind up to about 15 knts. White caps make it look much more realistic. I have to admit though, I get slower frame rates in Seattle then i did before. But with photoscenery (magascenery southern california) the frame rates have improved.

>There are 2 over on flightsimworld.com right now discussing.>>Cell isn't having these problems, but Mango is and he uses an>ATI 2900 and Vista 64.>>I'm starting to think Vista 64 is the problem and not video>drivers. Not the case Vista 32 here..........

>There are 2 over on flightsimworld.com right now discussing.>>Cell isn't having these problems, but Mango is and he uses an>ATI 2900 and Vista 64.>>I'm starting to think Vista 64 is the problem and not video>drivers. Nope, i run a over clocked 8800 GTX. And when i don't see a working nVidia 64 bit DX10 driver soon i am back to AMTI - where i came from...Heiko

Guest dg

Allow me to join the FSX Acceleration (DX10 preview) disappointment party with you. My framerates have been cut by approximately 40% with the DX10 preview enabled. Unable to get AA or ASF to work. However, life is good without the DX10 preview enabled. So for now, I'll continue to enjoy FSXA and its missions under DX9.Just to note: I performed a clean install (no addons or mods to any config files) and as mentioned earlier, all is good under DX9 (inculding AA and ASF). The framerate killer and jaggies occur when DX10 preview is enabled.I don't know if this is a video driver issue or DX10 issue or a combination of the two. From the DX10 side of the house, perhaps MS or Phil might want to select 1 or 2 of us Avsimmers (amongst many) that are having this common DX 10 preview problem and include them as testers for this particular issue. Now, I said tester, not beta tester. In other words, if ACES happens to come up with a possible solution for this problem then allow the tester nominee to put the fix in place and reply to ACES with a thumbs up or thumbs down. I don't know if this is even possible or feasable. I'm just thinking out loud...DavidSpecs:Core2Duo e68004GB RAMVista 64 Ultimate8800 GTX (SLI) 163.75 driversX-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty ChampionNothing OC'd