Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

MSFS 787 Help/Question

I really want to fly the 787 in MSFS.  I have the premium version.  I see I have the 787-10.  I also see I downloaded the Heavy Division 1.15 update version.

I am not sure if it installed properly.  In my plane menu in MSFS, I have only a 787-10 available.  In the 787 CDU under Ident Page, OP Program says - HD-PROD-1-15-STA.  There is a HEAVY button in the CDU - so I think the update went thru?? correct??

I also notice I have many issues with the 787.  The FWD EXT Power is indicating AVAIL, yet when I i hit the buttons, nothing happens (BAT is ON), the AT ON/OFF buttons are inoperable and I have no autothrottle.  LNAV doesn't work, nether does HDG select work.  I can't start the engines when away from the ate as I am disconnected to external power and APU is not picking up the load.  I can't push back from the gate as my engines are running.

Question for the Forum:  Pease help - I searched long on the forums to solve this with no answers.  

1. Do I indeed have the HD update?  Can I delete the update if it corrupted by default 787??

2. did it get messed up?

3.  when I go to their website it says 2.0 is no longer supported - why do I do now?

I see KURO has a 787-8. It that good?  which is better? 787-10 with HD update or Kuro.?

Thank you

Paul Gugliotta

1 hour ago, paulyg123 said:

FWD EXT Power is indicating AVAIL, yet when I i hit the buttons, nothing happens

Great advice - thanks - you guys sure know your stuff !!!

OK seems like I have to remove the Heavy Sim Mod - dumb question, how do I do that? I found the XD787 folder in my community folder and just moved it to a different location.  That seems to work now as all previous functions now work.  Was my folder move the right solution - I never un-installed anything.

Edited by paulyg123
  • Like 1

Paul Gugliotta

53 minutes ago, paulyg123 said:

I found the XD787 folder in my community folder and just moved it to a different location.

That’s the correct procedure, just move/delete XD787 folder and you are done.

• Like 1

Heavy Division did a good job until Working Title did their magic.  Now the HD mod is not needed and will not be needed ever again in the future. It should be completely deleted.  

The B787-8 is very good and is compatible with the -10.  I believe it is allowed to use the same B787-10 systems developed by Working Title, which are excellent. 

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I only used to fly PMDG planes, but this 787 really impressed me and I am flying it. I want to add some liveries from Marketplace.  I see so many.  Which one is the best for United, AA and other US carriers?

Paul Gugliotta

1 hour ago, paulyg123 said:

I only used to fly PMDG planes, but this 787 really impressed me and I am flying it. I want to add some liveries from Marketplace.  I see so many.  Which one is the best for United, AA and other US carriers?

787-10 or Kuro/Horizon Simulations 787-8 ?

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

On 8/27/2023 at 8:08 PM, bobcat999 said:

Heavy Division did a good job until Working Title did their magic.  Now the HD mod is not needed and will not be needed ever again in the future. It should be completely deleted.  

The B787-8 is very good and is compatible with the -10.  I believe it is allowed to use the same B787-10 systems developed by Working Title, which are excellent. 

I disagree, I think HD are working on a VSD and other functions missing from the efb and the 78x generally so I wouldn’t write them off yet. The 78x mod seems to have been temporarily paused until the stand alone 789H catches up. 

Edited by g-liner

1 hour ago, g-liner said:

I disagree, I think HD are working on a VSD and other functions missing from the efb and the 78x generally so I wouldn’t write them off yet. The 78x mod seems to have been temporarily paused until the stand alone 789H catches up. 

OK.  I never knew that.  Is the current HD mod still compatible?

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

4 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Is the current HD mod still compatible?

No.

Even the HD team says so: https://hdsimulations.com/downloads/

• Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I have been flying the 788-10 a lot and have the plane down pretty good.   I run into one nagging problem.   Some flights go off without a hitch, others have the elevators freeze up.  I can’t trim the plane either and despite on pulling or pushing on the yoke, I can’t move the elevators.  I see the flight control indicators showing me no movement to support this.  Airelons work fine, so it is not my yoke.  Elevators are not assigned to any other controller.   The elevator axis simply falls asleep and I crash an I am stuck ina decent or climb.  Any advice?

Edited by paulyg123

Paul Gugliotta

@paulyg123, are you having issues w/ LNAV?  Also, my speed, HDG, and V/S windows are blank.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I have no issues with default MSFS 787 other than sometimes the elevator axis stops working.  

Paul Gugliotta

Haven’t tried the 787 yet but I do know the 747 has light switches that do not turn on. (No mods). I’ll check the 78 today. 

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma